'Half-Blood Prince' to Get Worldwide Live Community Screening
The Blu-ray and 2-Disc Special Editions of "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" will be made available for purchase on December 8. In celebration of the release, fans who own the Blu-ray Disc are offered the chance to watch the movie live in first-ever worldwide Live Community Screening (LCS), which will take place on December 12 at 12:00 P.M. PST (3:00 P.M. EST).
Star Daniel Radcliffe and director David Yates will join the screening from London in addition to taking participation in an interactive Q&A session where they will answer questions about the blockbuster film. Of the chance for a Q&A, Yates said, "It's a tremendous honor to be invited to host the first worldwide Live Community Screening and to have the opportunity to talk directly to fans across the globe."
Radcliffe chimed in, "I'm really looking forward to the Live Community Screening of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and excited to talk directly to fans of the movie about my experiences and answer their questions." He added, "It's a wonderful way for fans and for those directly involved with making a film to share opinions and ideas."
The press release for the event explained that Warner Bros. BD-Live community members who have registered and signed up for the LCS will receive an emailed invitation to participate. The first 100,000 members who RSVP will secure a spot for the screening. It is further noted that registered users will be able to insert the disc, connect to WB BD-Live and log on to the LCS at the designated time to participate.
WB BD-Live itself is an interactive feature exclusive to the Blu-ray format that allows users to experience a variety of exclusive interactive features. In addition to access to the multi-territory LCS, owners will get an exclusive introduction to the upcoming "Harry Potter Ultimate Editions" by Radcliffe among other exciting BD-Live content.
"Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" is the sixth installment of J.K. Rowling's "Harry Potter" series. It has been released July 15, and has since collected $928.6 million worldwide. The fantasy movie will be followed by "Deathly Hallows", which will be made into two movies, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" and "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II".
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones
- Mariah Carey Threw James Packer's Laptop Out the Window After He Played a Beyonce Song
- Ariana Grande Is Sued Over 'One Last Time', Previews New Music Video Ft. Nicki Minaj
- New Set Pics Hint at 'Transformers: The Last Knight' 's Connection With Arthurian Mythology
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Haven't Put a Label on Relationship Even After Caught Kissing
- Justin Timberlake, Gwen Stefani, Ariana Grande and More Featured in 'Trolls' Soundtrack Album
- Naya Rivera Reveals She Got Pregnant and Had an Abortion When She Was on 'Glee'
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: A Man Gets His Heart Broken and Leaves