'Half-Blood Prince' to Get Worldwide Live Community Screening
The Blu-ray and 2-Disc Special Editions of "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" will be made available for purchase on December 8. In celebration of the release, fans who own the Blu-ray Disc are offered the chance to watch the movie live in first-ever worldwide Live Community Screening (LCS), which will take place on December 12 at 12:00 P.M. PST (3:00 P.M. EST).
Star Daniel Radcliffe and director David Yates will join the screening from London in addition to taking participation in an interactive Q&A session where they will answer questions about the blockbuster film. Of the chance for a Q&A, Yates said, "It's a tremendous honor to be invited to host the first worldwide Live Community Screening and to have the opportunity to talk directly to fans across the globe."
Radcliffe chimed in, "I'm really looking forward to the Live Community Screening of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and excited to talk directly to fans of the movie about my experiences and answer their questions." He added, "It's a wonderful way for fans and for those directly involved with making a film to share opinions and ideas."
The press release for the event explained that Warner Bros. BD-Live community members who have registered and signed up for the LCS will receive an emailed invitation to participate. The first 100,000 members who RSVP will secure a spot for the screening. It is further noted that registered users will be able to insert the disc, connect to WB BD-Live and log on to the LCS at the designated time to participate.
WB BD-Live itself is an interactive feature exclusive to the Blu-ray format that allows users to experience a variety of exclusive interactive features. In addition to access to the multi-territory LCS, owners will get an exclusive introduction to the upcoming "Harry Potter Ultimate Editions" by Radcliffe among other exciting BD-Live content.
"Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" is the sixth installment of J.K. Rowling's "Harry Potter" series. It has been released July 15, and has since collected $928.6 million worldwide. The fantasy movie will be followed by "Deathly Hallows", which will be made into two movies, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" and "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II".
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia