What Jackie Earle Haley Has to Say About Sinestro Rumor
Rumored to be on the top of the list to portray villainous Sinestro in "Green Lantern", Jackie Earle Haley delivered a different story when attending Spike TV's 2009 Scream Awards. On Saturday, October 17, the Rorschach of "Watchmen" confessed to MTV, "I just heard about this, literally."
Commenting more on the rumor, the 48-year-old shared, "I know the guys that are doing it. It's exciting to me. It makes me want to go get the Green Lantern comics and start reading up." While he admitted to have just heard about the speculation, he didn't shoot down the possibility. He said, "I don't know much about it. I'm a comics fan, but I haven't gotten into that one yet. I guess I'd better do my homework."
On Friday, October 16, Ain't It Cool News sparked rumors that the new Freddy Krueger of "A Nightmare on Elm Street" could be playing the villain who is the former mentor of Hal Jordan. In its report, the site cited a source "working on the film" who suggested Haley to be the top contender for the role.
"Green Lantern" centers on Hal Jordan, an ordinary man who was chosen by a dying alien named Abin Sur to receive a green energy-powered ring used for protecting the planet. Martin Campbell takes the directing job for the film, and Ryan Reynolds stars. June 17, 2011 is the planned U.S. release schedule for the movie.
Jackie Earle Haley is best known for his portrayal of pedophile Ronnie McGorvey in "Little Children". The part earned him an Academy Award nomination for Best Supporting Actor. His feature credits include "Semi-Pro" and "All the King's Men". He'll next be seen in "Shutter Island" in addition to the forthcoming "A Nightmare on Elm Street".
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'