Victoria Beckham Lands Role on 'Gossip Girl'
Victoria Adams, aka the famous wife of David Beckham, has landed a role on fashionable TV series "Gossip Girl". She scored the cameo reportedly because leading stars Blake Lively and Leighton Meester have been a fan of her clothes and thus they want Victoria to appear on the show in style.
"Blake and co-star Leighton Meester are fans of Victoria's designs, and have both worn her dresses," a mole described the story to U.K.'s Mirror. "Blake attended the unveiling of Victoria's new collection in New York last month, alongside the series' stylist Eric Damen. The trio started chatting and Victoria revealed she was a huge fan of the show. From here, Blake pleaded with her to guest star in an episode and ran the idea past producers."
What kind of role she will tackle still remains a mystery but a few possibilities had been thrown. "She isn't an actress and wanted her role to be very tongue-in-cheek," a source claimed. "And an idea for her to play Brit actor Ed Westwick's long-lost mother was quickly vetoed. Victoria joked that she'd rather play his ex-love interest!"
However, it looks like that Victoria will go for a one-time stint only. Mirror said that the former member of Spice Girls will fly to New York on Wednesday, October 21 to film her part within a day.
"Gossip Girl", which is airing every Monday, is six episodes into its third season. On tonight's episode, Blair pushes Chuck to seduce the head of freshman committee so that he would give her the opportunity to deliver the important speech.
- Justin Bieber to Team Up With Anitta on New Song
- Alec Baldwin Will Bring Back Donald Trump Impression to 'Saturday Night Live'
- 'Deadpool 2': Ryan Reynolds Crashes Kid's Birthday Party in New Set Photos
- Is Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's Surrogate Pregnant With Twins?
- Is Ryan Seacrest Planning to Leave 'Live' for Profitable 'American Idol' Deal?
- Ed Sheeran Hits Back After Being Accused of Not Performing Live at Glastonbury
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Kenny Pitted Against Lee in Two-on-One Date
- Inside Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Intimate Weekend in Toronto