Jack Huston Talks His Royce King II Role in 'Eclipse'
When the casting of "The Twilight Saga's Eclipse" was officially announced in September, it was revealed that the "Twilight Saga" series has got the addition of Jack Huston to the cast ensemble. The "Eastwick" actor has landed the role of Royce King II, and recently he has shared details about his part.
"I play this guy called Royce King, who is the fiance of Rosalie [Nikki Reed], before Rosalie was a vampire," he told IESB. "It's her backstory. It's in 1933, during the Great Depression, and he's a wealthy son of a banker. He's a blue blood who takes a shine to her, but she's not as nice as she seems and he has his comeuppance."
Asked about how he got involved in the third "Twilight Saga" film, the 26-year-old recalled, "I literally just got back last Saturday, from filming my last little bits on it. I went in for David Slade, who's the director, for another part that was written as a 19-year-old freshman who's blonde-haired and blue-eyed, which I knew I wasn't. That couldn't be less like me."
"But, I went in and took a very different spin on how the character was written, and went a little nuts in the room, and David and I really got along, so he said, 'I wanna get you in this movie somewhere.' So, he called me up a couple weeks later and said, 'There's this other part. Would you like to do it?,' and he offered me that."
"The Twilight Saga's Eclipse" is an adaptation of the third novel from Stephenie Meyer's "Twilight" series. Knowing that her decision has the potential to ignite the ageless struggle between vampire and werewolf, Bella Swan once again finds herself surrounded by danger while she is forced to choose between her love for Edward and her friendship with Jacob in this movie.
Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart return as Edward and Bella. Bryce Dallas Howard takes over Victoria from Rachelle Lefevre, Catalina Sandino Moreno stars as Maria, and Xavier Samuel is picked up to portray Riley. This follow-up to "The Twilight Saga's New Moon" is scheduled for a U.S. release on June 30, 2010.
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera