Pamela Anderson Says No to 'Baywatch' Movie
Paramount Pictures has planned on bringing "Baywatch" to the big screen, but it looks like that one of the series original stars is against it. According to Us Magazine, actress Pamela Anderson has slammed the possibility of her reprising her C.J. Parker role in the movie version because she doesn't want to ruin the TV show.
"Never! I'm not going do it," the 42-year-old expressed her thought when asked about the adaptation. "I liked the TV show. I don't like it when they ruin it by making a movie out of it." Anderson joined the series as C.J. when season 3 started in 1992. She stayed as regular for five years until 1997. In 2003, she reprised her role in made-for-TV movie, "Baywatch: Hawaiian Wedding".
"Baywatch" will be produced by Contrafilm's Beau Flynn and Tripp Vinson alongside "Baywatch" creators Michael Berk, Doug Schwartz, Greg Bonann and Michelle Berk. Ditching its straight-up action film idea, it was reported to focus more on the comedic side and will center around two guys that people would never think would be lifeguards.
Paramount has picked up scribe Jeremy Garelick to rewrite the original script written by Jay Scherick and David Ronn which was reportedly heavy on action. On his idea for the feature project, Garelick said, "It felt like the template to do a movie that was similar to 'Stripes' and 'Police Academy,' the comedies I loved growing up. Rather than trying to pitch the tone, I figured it would be easier to write the first act to convey who these characters were."
More Baywatch News
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'