Pamela Anderson Says No to 'Baywatch' Movie
Paramount Pictures has planned on bringing "Baywatch" to the big screen, but it looks like that one of the series original stars is against it. According to Us Magazine, actress Pamela Anderson has slammed the possibility of her reprising her C.J. Parker role in the movie version because she doesn't want to ruin the TV show.
"Never! I'm not going do it," the 42-year-old expressed her thought when asked about the adaptation. "I liked the TV show. I don't like it when they ruin it by making a movie out of it." Anderson joined the series as C.J. when season 3 started in 1992. She stayed as regular for five years until 1997. In 2003, she reprised her role in made-for-TV movie, "Baywatch: Hawaiian Wedding".
"Baywatch" will be produced by Contrafilm's Beau Flynn and Tripp Vinson alongside "Baywatch" creators Michael Berk, Doug Schwartz, Greg Bonann and Michelle Berk. Ditching its straight-up action film idea, it was reported to focus more on the comedic side and will center around two guys that people would never think would be lifeguards.
Paramount has picked up scribe Jeremy Garelick to rewrite the original script written by Jay Scherick and David Ronn which was reportedly heavy on action. On his idea for the feature project, Garelick said, "It felt like the template to do a movie that was similar to 'Stripes' and 'Police Academy,' the comedies I loved growing up. Rather than trying to pitch the tone, I figured it would be easier to write the first act to convey who these characters were."
- Usher Releases Two New Tracks Off 'Hard II Love'
- Rihanna Gets the Biggest Gift Ever From Drake in Honor of Her VMAs Win
- First Look at Lumiere, Cogsworth, Gaston and Le Fou in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Julianne Hough and Derek Hough to Return for 'DWTS' Season 23
- Sam Mendes in Talks to Direct Disney's 'James and the Giant Peach'
- 'Veep' Star Anna Chlumsky Gives Birth to Her Second Child
- Producer Defends Frank Ocean for Self-Releasing 'Blonde' Album, Slams Def Jam
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Give Paparazzi Free Yeezy Sneakers