a-ha Call It Quits, Announcing Final World Tour
Reuniting in 1998 after 4 years in hiatus, a-ha confirm that they will split after finishing one last world tour in 2010. "As a consequence, a-ha will not be releasing any further albums in the future," it was announced on the band's official website.
"We've literally lived the ultimate boy's adventure tale, through a longer, more rewarding career than anyone could hope for," they said in a statement. "Doing this now will give us a chance to get more involved in other meaningful aspects of life, be it humanitarian work, politics, or whatever else - and of course through new constellations in the field of art and music."
The band also thank fans for their support. They stated further, "We are retiring as a band, not as individuals. Change is always difficult and It is easy to get set in one's ways. Now it is time to move on."
Details about the final tour are yet to be announced. In the meantime, it is revealed that the band comprising of Morten Harket on vocal, Magne Furuholmen on guitar/keyboard and Paul Waaktaar-Savoy on guitar will wrap the gig on December 4, 2010 at Oslo Spektrum, Norway.
a-ha have released at least nine studio albums with the last one "Foot of the Mountain" being released in June this year. They also have dropped five live efforts and eight compilation sets. During their music career, they have sold million copies of albums and kicked off multiple tours.
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture