TLC Confirms 'Jon and Kate Plus 8' End and 'Kate Plus Eight' Delay
TLC has come out with a statement in response to the floating rumors that "Jon & Kate Plus 8" will end next month. A spokeswoman from the network confirmed, " 'Jon & Kate Plus 8' is ending in mid-to-late November, as previously reported."
Additionally, TLC made it clear that it will still go ahead with the plan to begin a new chapter of the reality show, namely "Kate Plus Eight". However, due to Jon Gosselin's refusal to let his children be filmed, the new show will not be launched as scheduled on November 2.
"Jon & Kate Plus 8, the old incarnation, is over, as was announced a month ago. The show is not done. There is still every intention of the new incarnation to happen," TLC rep Laurie Goldberg said to TV Guide. "It won't start Nov. 2, but we hope to do Kate Plus Eight - whether it becomes a full series or a series of specials."
While Jon and ex-wife Kate Gosselin are still bickering about the decision to let their children be exposed on national television, TLC will respect it by halting all sort of production. "If this works out, we will film the kids again," Goldberg added. "No matter what, we're doing a show with Kate." The mother of eight reportedly claimed that her children are "angry" that the production has been stopped.
- Meghan Markle Wants Prince Harry to Build Her 'Enormous' Shoe Room at Kensington Palace
- Kylie Jenner Licks Khloe Kardashian's Chest in Saucy Pic for 'KUWTK' 10th Anniversary
- Hacker Threatens to Leak 'Orange Is the New Black' Season 5 Unless Netflix Pays Ransom
- Sean Paul Connects With Migos for Epic Beach Party in New Video for 'Body'
- Justin Bieber 'Loves' Popping His Pimples Just to Get Attention
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Will Be Set in Hogwarts Stand-In Location
- Brad Pitt to Have Plactic Surgery as Angelina Jolie Divorce Ruins His Appearance
- ABC's 'Gong Show' Reboot Taps Tommy Maitland or Presumably Mike Myers in Disguise to Host