TLC Confirms 'Jon and Kate Plus 8' End and 'Kate Plus Eight' Delay
TLC has come out with a statement in response to the floating rumors that "Jon & Kate Plus 8" will end next month. A spokeswoman from the network confirmed, " 'Jon & Kate Plus 8' is ending in mid-to-late November, as previously reported."
Additionally, TLC made it clear that it will still go ahead with the plan to begin a new chapter of the reality show, namely "Kate Plus Eight". However, due to Jon Gosselin's refusal to let his children be filmed, the new show will not be launched as scheduled on November 2.
"Jon & Kate Plus 8, the old incarnation, is over, as was announced a month ago. The show is not done. There is still every intention of the new incarnation to happen," TLC rep Laurie Goldberg said to TV Guide. "It won't start Nov. 2, but we hope to do Kate Plus Eight - whether it becomes a full series or a series of specials."
While Jon and ex-wife Kate Gosselin are still bickering about the decision to let their children be exposed on national television, TLC will respect it by halting all sort of production. "If this works out, we will film the kids again," Goldberg added. "No matter what, we're doing a show with Kate." The mother of eight reportedly claimed that her children are "angry" that the production has been stopped.
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna