3-D Process for 'Saw VII' Discussed
As "Saw VI" gets near to its theatrical release in late October, the attention is turned to the next installment, "Saw VII", which will be made in 3-D. In an interview with IGN, "Saw VI" producer Mark Berg and co-writer Marcus Dunstan discussed the decision to film the seventh film in 3-D.
"Saw, just by the way it's shot, lends itself to being a 3-D movie," Berg shared. "We saw a test that somebody did, a minute of Saw transferred from 2-D to 3-D and it looked great. We're not going to transfer VII, but we'll actually shoot it in 3-D. We want to be able to build the sets in a way that takes advantage of depth."
"We're going to design traps to come out at you," he continued. "The pendulum trap that opened the last movie would have been great in 3-D. There's a lot of the movie we're planning through the victims eyes, seeing stuff as it comes toward them. But I think the audience wants those moments where the weapon comes into the audience."
Dunstan chimed in, "It adds a whole new layer of discipline and criteria to creating these moments. We've had a very flat surface to try to get a reaction out of you. Now, we get to push out a bit and envelop the viewer, still maintaining the patterns that have worked and been successful, but also to raise it up a notch."
In the meantime, a B-roll video of "Saw VI" has been put forth by Bloody-Disgusting. Five minutes long, the video is filled with compilation of behind-the-scenes footage in which Tobin Bell and a handful of other cast members can be seen filming their parts. Directed by Kevin Greutert, this sixth "Saw" film is scheduled to open wide in the U.S. on October 23.
"Saw VI" B-Roll:
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?