No Jon Favreau as 'The Avengers' Director
Despite rumor to the contrary, Jon Favreau won't be serving as the director of Marvel's "The Avengers". Pouring cold water to the swirling speculation was the helmer of "Iron Man" and "Iron Man 2" himself when speaking to MTV at the "Couples Retreat" junket in Bora Bora.
Presented with a question whether he will be bummed if another helmer is chosen for the project, he said that he won't, adding "They'll have to [find a different director], because I'm not going to be available." He then explained that he won't be completely out of the equation on the project though. "It's something I'm being the executive producer on, so I'll definitely have input and a say," he mentioned.
"It's going to be hard, because I was so involved in creating the world of Iron Man and Iron Man is very much a tech-based hero, and then with 'Avengers' you're going to be introducing some supernatural aspects because of Thor," Favreau continued. "How you mix the two of those works very well in the comic books, but it's going to take a lot of thoughtfulness to make that all work and not blow the reality that we've created."
"That's why it's good that you have the guys from Marvel like Kevin Feige, who knows the books well and has been involved with the making of all the movies, and he'll be very involved with 'Thor' and 'Cap[tain America],' " he further elaborated. "You need somebody who has the perspective of all the different franchises to bring them together. I have the myopic vision of just knowing and loving Iron Man."
"The Avengers" will bring together the superhero team of Marvel Comics characters for the first time ever, including Iron Man, Captain America, Thor and more, as they are forced to band together to battle the biggest foe they've ever faced. Robert Downey Jr., Don Cheadle, Samuel L. Jackson have been announced as part of the film's cast. Planned to be released in the U.S. on May 4, 2012, the script will be provided by Zak Penn.
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?