New Details Related to Stephen Gately's Death Uncovered
While the cause of Stephen Gately's death this weekend is yet to be determined by authorities, new details surrounding the incident have been uncovered. U.K. newspaper Daily Mail reports Spanish police are searching for a third man who was at Stephen's apartment in Majorca, Spain when the singer was found dead.
The man, identified as a Bulgarian named Giorgio, was said to be invited by Stephen and his same-sex partner Andrew Cowles to come to their apartment after they met at a nightclub in Palma on Friday night, October 9. However, it is still unclear whether Giorgio had left the flat before Stephen died. "We do not think this man is involved in any way in Stephen's death but his testimony could prove vital," so confirms a police source.
Stephen Gately was found dead Saturday afternoon, October 10 by Andrew Cowles. At first Andrew thought Stephen fell asleep on the sofa before then realizing that he actually had passed away. Andrew reportedly had attempted to revive the 33-year-old singer, giving him mouth-to-mouth resuscitation, but failed.
It is believed that Stephen died after choking on his own vomit following a drinking session, Daily Mail reports. One investigator details, "He was in a strange position. He was found squatting down on the sofa almost in a praying position." Meanwhile, it is reported that autopsy is set to be performed Tuesday, October 13.
Stephen's bandmates from Boyzone; Ronan Keating, Keith Duffy, Mikey Graham, and Shane Lynch have been photographed arriving at Palma de Majorca international airport on Sunday afternoon, October 11. The foursome has previously revealed in a post on the band's official site their grief upon losing Stephen.
In another related news, Gerald Kean, a lawyer representing Stephen's family has said his close relatives are "devastated" by his death. He adds that the family hopes Stephen's body would be returned to his native Ireland by the end of the week. Plan for a burial is yet to be announced at the time of writing.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences