Done Deal, Lauren Graham On Board 'Parenthood'
Lauren Graham returns to television as a mom. The "Gilmore Girls" alumna is officially joining "Parenthood" after previously was claimed to be in talks for a role left by Maura Tierney. In the new drama series, Graham will once again tackle the role as a single mother of a teenage daughter.
Tierney dropped out of the project earlier this year after finding out that she had been diagnosed with breast cancer. Delaying its production, NBC put "Mercy" in place of "Parenthood" this Fall to give Tierney time to recuperate from the treatment. However, in early September, NBC released a formal announcement that Tierney was out of the project for good. Shortly after, there were talks with Helen Hunt to fill the vacant position but they didn't come out with positive result.
"Parenthood", which is loosely based on a 1989 film of the same name, is also starring Peter Krause, Erika Christensen, Craig T. Nelson, Dax Shepard and Monica Potter. Sarah, the character which will be played by Graham, is a financially-challenged single mother who returns home to her parents and siblings in Berkeley, Calif. It has been pushed to be premiered after Olympic 2010 around March.
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!