Done Deal, Lauren Graham On Board 'Parenthood'
Lauren Graham returns to television as a mom. The "Gilmore Girls" alumna is officially joining "Parenthood" after previously was claimed to be in talks for a role left by Maura Tierney. In the new drama series, Graham will once again tackle the role as a single mother of a teenage daughter.
Tierney dropped out of the project earlier this year after finding out that she had been diagnosed with breast cancer. Delaying its production, NBC put "Mercy" in place of "Parenthood" this Fall to give Tierney time to recuperate from the treatment. However, in early September, NBC released a formal announcement that Tierney was out of the project for good. Shortly after, there were talks with Helen Hunt to fill the vacant position but they didn't come out with positive result.
"Parenthood", which is loosely based on a 1989 film of the same name, is also starring Peter Krause, Erika Christensen, Craig T. Nelson, Dax Shepard and Monica Potter. Sarah, the character which will be played by Graham, is a financially-challenged single mother who returns home to her parents and siblings in Berkeley, Calif. It has been pushed to be premiered after Olympic 2010 around March.
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?