Done Deal, Lauren Graham On Board 'Parenthood'
Lauren Graham returns to television as a mom. The "Gilmore Girls" alumna is officially joining "Parenthood" after previously was claimed to be in talks for a role left by Maura Tierney. In the new drama series, Graham will once again tackle the role as a single mother of a teenage daughter.
Tierney dropped out of the project earlier this year after finding out that she had been diagnosed with breast cancer. Delaying its production, NBC put "Mercy" in place of "Parenthood" this Fall to give Tierney time to recuperate from the treatment. However, in early September, NBC released a formal announcement that Tierney was out of the project for good. Shortly after, there were talks with Helen Hunt to fill the vacant position but they didn't come out with positive result.
"Parenthood", which is loosely based on a 1989 film of the same name, is also starring Peter Krause, Erika Christensen, Craig T. Nelson, Dax Shepard and Monica Potter. Sarah, the character which will be played by Graham, is a financially-challenged single mother who returns home to her parents and siblings in Berkeley, Calif. It has been pushed to be premiered after Olympic 2010 around March.
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video
- Justin Bieber Strips Down to Underwear, Holds His Crotch in Bizarre Racy Picture
- Is Nick Jonas Dating Lily Collins? Here's the Truth