Wife Unhappy With David Letterman's Public Apology
David Letterman may have made his public apology to Regina Lasko on Monday, October 5 during his "Late Show with David Letterman" monologue but the wife is still unhappy. The host was in fact delivering his apology the way he knew it best, through jokes. Lasko reportedly is doubting his sincerity.
Letterman surprisingly admitted last Thursday that he had an affair with a female staff of the show. On Monday, he told his audience that his wife was "hurt" by his behavior but he was ready to repair the marriage which is 6 months old. "Let me tell you folks, I got my work cut out for me," he said.
FOX News reported that the apology was actually something coming out of Lasko rather than Letterman himself. A source said that it wasn't something that Letterman wanted to do at all. "But Regina told him he better make an apology to let everyone know how sorry he was for how much he hurt and humiliated her," the source elaborated.
There was allegedly an agreement that Letterman could crack a joke or two for the apology "as long as they weren't at her expense." But Lasko was not pleased with the eventual result. "Regina felt like Dave's humorous take on the apology lessened the sincerity of it, and she's not happy at all," added the source.
A rep for Letterman declined to comment on this.
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!