Wife Unhappy With David Letterman's Public Apology
David Letterman may have made his public apology to Regina Lasko on Monday, October 5 during his "Late Show with David Letterman" monologue but the wife is still unhappy. The host was in fact delivering his apology the way he knew it best, through jokes. Lasko reportedly is doubting his sincerity.
Letterman surprisingly admitted last Thursday that he had an affair with a female staff of the show. On Monday, he told his audience that his wife was "hurt" by his behavior but he was ready to repair the marriage which is 6 months old. "Let me tell you folks, I got my work cut out for me," he said.
FOX News reported that the apology was actually something coming out of Lasko rather than Letterman himself. A source said that it wasn't something that Letterman wanted to do at all. "But Regina told him he better make an apology to let everyone know how sorry he was for how much he hurt and humiliated her," the source elaborated.
There was allegedly an agreement that Letterman could crack a joke or two for the apology "as long as they weren't at her expense." But Lasko was not pleased with the eventual result. "Regina felt like Dave's humorous take on the apology lessened the sincerity of it, and she's not happy at all," added the source.
A rep for Letterman declined to comment on this.
- Roger Ailes - Megyn Kelly Harassment Movie Is in the Works
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation