Wife Unhappy With David Letterman's Public Apology
David Letterman may have made his public apology to Regina Lasko on Monday, October 5 during his "Late Show with David Letterman" monologue but the wife is still unhappy. The host was in fact delivering his apology the way he knew it best, through jokes. Lasko reportedly is doubting his sincerity.
Letterman surprisingly admitted last Thursday that he had an affair with a female staff of the show. On Monday, he told his audience that his wife was "hurt" by his behavior but he was ready to repair the marriage which is 6 months old. "Let me tell you folks, I got my work cut out for me," he said.
FOX News reported that the apology was actually something coming out of Lasko rather than Letterman himself. A source said that it wasn't something that Letterman wanted to do at all. "But Regina told him he better make an apology to let everyone know how sorry he was for how much he hurt and humiliated her," the source elaborated.
There was allegedly an agreement that Letterman could crack a joke or two for the apology "as long as they weren't at her expense." But Lasko was not pleased with the eventual result. "Regina felt like Dave's humorous take on the apology lessened the sincerity of it, and she's not happy at all," added the source.
A rep for Letterman declined to comment on this.
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered