Official Full Trailer of Werner Herzog's 'Bad Lieutenant' Arrives
An official trailer of "Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans" has been released via Yahoo! Movies. The sneak peek provides a better look into Nicolas Cage's crooked cop character, Terrence McDonagh, by sharing glimpses at the event that turns him into an addict. It also features a look at other actors, including Eva Mendes and Xzibit.
Terrence McDonagh starts as a good New Orleans Police sergeant. Displaying heroism during Hurricane Katrina, he receives a medal, a promotion to lieutenant and a back injury that leads him to be addicted to prescription pain medication. While he struggles with the addictions, he finds himself involved with drug dealer Big Fate, who is suspected of murdering a family of African immigrants.
"Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans" has "Rescue Dawn" helmer Werner Herzog serving as the director. Herzog insisted that this movie won't be a remake to Abel Ferrara's 1992 film of the same name, stating that it will have "a completely different story in the same sense as the last James Bond is not a remake of the previous one". Val Kilmer is among the cast. The movie will have its limited U.S. release on November 20.
"Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans" Trailer:
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns