Official Full Trailer of Werner Herzog's 'Bad Lieutenant' Arrives
An official trailer of "Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans" has been released via Yahoo! Movies. The sneak peek provides a better look into Nicolas Cage's crooked cop character, Terrence McDonagh, by sharing glimpses at the event that turns him into an addict. It also features a look at other actors, including Eva Mendes and Xzibit.
Terrence McDonagh starts as a good New Orleans Police sergeant. Displaying heroism during Hurricane Katrina, he receives a medal, a promotion to lieutenant and a back injury that leads him to be addicted to prescription pain medication. While he struggles with the addictions, he finds himself involved with drug dealer Big Fate, who is suspected of murdering a family of African immigrants.
"Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans" has "Rescue Dawn" helmer Werner Herzog serving as the director. Herzog insisted that this movie won't be a remake to Abel Ferrara's 1992 film of the same name, stating that it will have "a completely different story in the same sense as the last James Bond is not a remake of the previous one". Val Kilmer is among the cast. The movie will have its limited U.S. release on November 20.
"Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans" Trailer:
- Ron Howard Officially Announced to Direct Han Solo Movie
- 'Bachelor' Alum Leah Block Apologizes for Racist 'Bachelorette' Tweet
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later' Gets Star-Studded First Trailer
- 'Jurassic World' Sequel Reveals Official Title and First Poster
- Harry Styles Mourning the Loss of His Stepfather
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna