Official Full Trailer of Werner Herzog's 'Bad Lieutenant' Arrives
An official trailer of "Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans" has been released via Yahoo! Movies. The sneak peek provides a better look into Nicolas Cage's crooked cop character, Terrence McDonagh, by sharing glimpses at the event that turns him into an addict. It also features a look at other actors, including Eva Mendes and Xzibit.
Terrence McDonagh starts as a good New Orleans Police sergeant. Displaying heroism during Hurricane Katrina, he receives a medal, a promotion to lieutenant and a back injury that leads him to be addicted to prescription pain medication. While he struggles with the addictions, he finds himself involved with drug dealer Big Fate, who is suspected of murdering a family of African immigrants.
"Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans" has "Rescue Dawn" helmer Werner Herzog serving as the director. Herzog insisted that this movie won't be a remake to Abel Ferrara's 1992 film of the same name, stating that it will have "a completely different story in the same sense as the last James Bond is not a remake of the previous one". Val Kilmer is among the cast. The movie will have its limited U.S. release on November 20.
"Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans" Trailer:
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show