Marlon Wayans Close to Star in Richard Pryor's Biopic
Marlon Wayans could be trading off accelerator suit with jokes. Entertainment Weekly (EW) claimed that the "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra" actor is likely to portray legendary comedian/actor Richard Pryor in "Richard Pryor: Is It Something I Said?". He is said to be in advanced discussions.
For the part, the "White Chick" star reportedly impressed the producers with a 13-minute screen test where he, as sources told EW, "transforms into Pryor." Should the deal is settled, the 37-year-old will replace previously-attached comedian Eddie Murphy. The latter actor has dropped his involvement over conflicts with Paramount Pictures which was on board to finance the film.
"Richard Pryor: Is It Something I Said?" will take the focus on Pryor's controversial brand of comedy and his battle with drugs. The script for this biopic has been penned by "Dreamgirls" helmer Bill Condon, who is also set to direct. Adam Sandler and his Happy Madison production company will produce along with Chris Rock, Mark Gordon and Pryor's widow Jennifer Lee Pryor. Production could start as early as spring 2010.
Marlon Wayans was last seen invading the big screen with his Ripcord role in "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra". Known for parody films, such as "Scary Movie", "Scary Movie 2" and "Dance Flick", he made a cameo appearance in Eddie Murphy's 2007 "Norbit".
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media