Marlon Wayans Close to Star in Richard Pryor's Biopic
Marlon Wayans could be trading off accelerator suit with jokes. Entertainment Weekly (EW) claimed that the "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra" actor is likely to portray legendary comedian/actor Richard Pryor in "Richard Pryor: Is It Something I Said?". He is said to be in advanced discussions.
For the part, the "White Chick" star reportedly impressed the producers with a 13-minute screen test where he, as sources told EW, "transforms into Pryor." Should the deal is settled, the 37-year-old will replace previously-attached comedian Eddie Murphy. The latter actor has dropped his involvement over conflicts with Paramount Pictures which was on board to finance the film.
"Richard Pryor: Is It Something I Said?" will take the focus on Pryor's controversial brand of comedy and his battle with drugs. The script for this biopic has been penned by "Dreamgirls" helmer Bill Condon, who is also set to direct. Adam Sandler and his Happy Madison production company will produce along with Chris Rock, Mark Gordon and Pryor's widow Jennifer Lee Pryor. Production could start as early as spring 2010.
Marlon Wayans was last seen invading the big screen with his Ripcord role in "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra". Known for parody films, such as "Scary Movie", "Scary Movie 2" and "Dance Flick", he made a cameo appearance in Eddie Murphy's 2007 "Norbit".
- Iggy Azalea's Former Fiance Nick Young Welcomes Baby No. 2 With His Other Ex
- Felicity Jones Leads the Rebel Alliance in New 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Pic
- Is Mariah Carey's 'Close Relationship' With a Male Dancer to Blame for James Packer Split?
- Charli XCX Releases 'After the Afterparty' Feat. Lil Yachty
- Calvin Harris Flirts With Halsey on Twitter
- Kanye West Plays Birthday Video for Kim and Gives Her Shout-Out During 'Saint Pablo' Show
- Get Your First Look at Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie on 'Thor: Ragnarok' Set
- Madonna Lets Photographer Grab Her Crotch During Party. See the Pics!