Marlon Wayans Close to Star in Richard Pryor's Biopic
Marlon Wayans could be trading off accelerator suit with jokes. Entertainment Weekly (EW) claimed that the "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra" actor is likely to portray legendary comedian/actor Richard Pryor in "Richard Pryor: Is It Something I Said?". He is said to be in advanced discussions.
For the part, the "White Chick" star reportedly impressed the producers with a 13-minute screen test where he, as sources told EW, "transforms into Pryor." Should the deal is settled, the 37-year-old will replace previously-attached comedian Eddie Murphy. The latter actor has dropped his involvement over conflicts with Paramount Pictures which was on board to finance the film.
"Richard Pryor: Is It Something I Said?" will take the focus on Pryor's controversial brand of comedy and his battle with drugs. The script for this biopic has been penned by "Dreamgirls" helmer Bill Condon, who is also set to direct. Adam Sandler and his Happy Madison production company will produce along with Chris Rock, Mark Gordon and Pryor's widow Jennifer Lee Pryor. Production could start as early as spring 2010.
Marlon Wayans was last seen invading the big screen with his Ripcord role in "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra". Known for parody films, such as "Scary Movie", "Scary Movie 2" and "Dance Flick", he made a cameo appearance in Eddie Murphy's 2007 "Norbit".
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge
- Report: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Expecting Baby Boy
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reportedly 'Living Separate Lives' Before Split
- What Breakup? Rob Kardashian Snapchats Blac Chyna's Belly Amid Baby Shower Drama
- 'NCIS' Showrunner Gary Glasberg Dies in His Sleep, the Show 'Will Not Be the Same Without Him'
- Idris Elba Teams Up With Pickpocket to Take on Terrorists in New 'The Take' Trailer
- Arrow Meets Supergirl in New Teaser of Upcoming Crossover