BET Gives Michael Vick a Redemption Reality Show
As part of his attempts to rebuild his life toward the better, Michael Vick will star in a reality show tentatively called "The Michael Vick Project". The Philadelphia Eagles quarterback infamously got into a dogfighting business and was rewarded 18 months of jail time for it. He was released in May and apparently struck a deal with BET to have cameras following him shortly after.
A "docu-series", the reality show will trace his life way back from the difficult childhood to the 2007 arrest to his comeback into Eagles. In between that, there will also be a time when he is trying to mend his strained relationships with fiancee, Kijafa Frink, and his children.
"I just want people to really get to know me as an individual," Vick said. "What I want to do is change the perception of me. I am a human being. I've made some mistakes in the past, and I wish it had never happened. But it's not about how you fall, but about how you pick yourself up."
There has been no mention about the compensation that Vick will get to be in the show. It is in fact being co-produced by his own production company, MV7, for a premiere in early 2010.
Already the project is receiving a negative response from PETA. A spokesman for the organization, Dan Shannon, stated "People who abuse animals don't deserve to be rewarded. They shouldn't be given multimillion-dollar contracts ... or given the privilege of being a role model."
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding