BET Gives Michael Vick a Redemption Reality Show
As part of his attempts to rebuild his life toward the better, Michael Vick will star in a reality show tentatively called "The Michael Vick Project". The Philadelphia Eagles quarterback infamously got into a dogfighting business and was rewarded 18 months of jail time for it. He was released in May and apparently struck a deal with BET to have cameras following him shortly after.
A "docu-series", the reality show will trace his life way back from the difficult childhood to the 2007 arrest to his comeback into Eagles. In between that, there will also be a time when he is trying to mend his strained relationships with fiancee, Kijafa Frink, and his children.
"I just want people to really get to know me as an individual," Vick said. "What I want to do is change the perception of me. I am a human being. I've made some mistakes in the past, and I wish it had never happened. But it's not about how you fall, but about how you pick yourself up."
There has been no mention about the compensation that Vick will get to be in the show. It is in fact being co-produced by his own production company, MV7, for a premiere in early 2010.
Already the project is receiving a negative response from PETA. A spokesman for the organization, Dan Shannon, stated "People who abuse animals don't deserve to be rewarded. They shouldn't be given multimillion-dollar contracts ... or given the privilege of being a role model."
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show