Pharrell Williams Confirms Rhea as N.E.R.D's New Member
Rumor that N.E.R.D have a new member named Rhea has been confirmed by Pharrell Williams. "Musically, we're just somewhere else [with her]," he told MTV News. "The music is now very 3-D. It's something you have to hear."
"We're definitely somewhere else," he continued. "I want to leave that impact moment for when you purchase your download and you purchase your CD. The music is very three-dimensional. We're just really excited. We feel like N.E.R.D. has always been the punks of hip-hop and the outcasts of alternative music - just a little different. But this time, we're taking no prisoners."
According to publication, Rhea auditioned for N.E.R.D via Skype. Her rendition of "His Eye Is on the Sparrow" impressed the band. "It was just a really good time," she recalled. "When I came in there and I met them and they heard me sing, I think they decided it was the right fit."
Report that N.E.R.D appointing a female member was brought to surface in August by Lam-Fay, the rapper signed to The Neptunes' label, Star Trak Records. In the same month, the Hip-Hop group, which consist of Pharrell Williams, Chad Hugo and Shay Haley, brought Rhea on-stage during their performance at Lovebox in London.
N.E.R.D are now prepping to release a new album "Instant Gratification" which is expected to be released in 2010. As for this year, they will be supporting Jay-Z for his upcoming "Blueprint 3" tour along with Wale and J. Cole.
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake