Pharrell Williams Confirms Rhea as N.E.R.D's New Member
Rumor that N.E.R.D have a new member named Rhea has been confirmed by Pharrell Williams. "Musically, we're just somewhere else [with her]," he told MTV News. "The music is now very 3-D. It's something you have to hear."
"We're definitely somewhere else," he continued. "I want to leave that impact moment for when you purchase your download and you purchase your CD. The music is very three-dimensional. We're just really excited. We feel like N.E.R.D. has always been the punks of hip-hop and the outcasts of alternative music - just a little different. But this time, we're taking no prisoners."
According to publication, Rhea auditioned for N.E.R.D via Skype. Her rendition of "His Eye Is on the Sparrow" impressed the band. "It was just a really good time," she recalled. "When I came in there and I met them and they heard me sing, I think they decided it was the right fit."
Report that N.E.R.D appointing a female member was brought to surface in August by Lam-Fay, the rapper signed to The Neptunes' label, Star Trak Records. In the same month, the Hip-Hop group, which consist of Pharrell Williams, Chad Hugo and Shay Haley, brought Rhea on-stage during their performance at Lovebox in London.
N.E.R.D are now prepping to release a new album "Instant Gratification" which is expected to be released in 2010. As for this year, they will be supporting Jay-Z for his upcoming "Blueprint 3" tour along with Wale and J. Cole.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal