Neil Marshall's 'Centurion' Unveils Two New Photos
Two brand new photos from "Centurion" have been uncovered by Empire. While one of the images displays a battle scene, the other one presents a better look at leading man Michael Fassbender as he takes on his character Quintus Dias. Actor Liam Cunningham is spotted standing in the background, behind Fassbender.
Accompanying the photo, the site includes Fassbender's commentary on the movie. "There's certainly a lot of head-chopping," he said. "I guess you can always make modern-day parallels, to the occupation of Iraq. But it's the idea of someone who believes in an ethos, becomes disillusioned and comes to his own sort of beliefs. So there are parallels, and it's interesting when you take it out of our timeframe and stick it back 2,000 years."
"Centurion" is an action thriller set during the Roman invasion of Britain in A.D. 117 and based on the legend of the Ninth Legion, an army of 3,000 unstoppable Roman warriors who vanished without trace. It tells the story of Roman corporal Quintus Dias, who marches north with General Virilus' legendary Ninth Legion, under orders to wipe the Picts from the face of the Earth and destroy their leader, Gorlacon. No release date has been set for U.S. screenings just yet.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy