'Top Chef', 'Real Housewives', 'Californication' and 'Flashpoint' Renewed
Networks are putting orders for their primetime series this week with Bravo TV renewing three shows at one time. The cable is extending the seasons "Top Chef", "The Real Housewives of D.C.", and "The Real Housewives of New Jersey" as well as locking the date of "Chef Academy" (November 16).
The cooking show is returning for the seventh season in 2010 and has set open call dates in search of the next contestants. Casting will begin October 18 in San Francisco and continue in Miami, Chicago, Washington D.C., New York and Dallas. Traditionally moving from one city to another, Bravo has not announced the destination for the seventh season.
Meanwhile, the housewives series will be back next year with a new set of episodes which are currently under production. The "D.C." version is new to the network while the "New Jersey" one will start the second season. Bravo would not confirm the casting of "D.C." although rumor has it, it will include Republican fundraiser Charlie Spies' wife, Lisa.
Elsewhere, Showtime gives David Duchovny-starring comedy "Californication" its fourth season. The premiere of the currently-airing season 3 raked in 57 percent more viewers than the first one. The new season will be aired next year with 12 episodes as usual.
CBS is also making a down payment for its show, "Flashpoint". The Canadian-produced drama is slated to have a third season after having an average of 9.6 million viewers in the second one.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media