MTV Sets Date of DJ AM's 'Gone Too Far' Premiere
DJ AM's legacy is preserved through his reality show "Gone Too Far". Nearly two months after his sudden death in August, MTV will finally put for a broadcast the show that he filmed in the last few months of his life.
With the consent of his family, MTV will premiere the series starting Monday, October 12 at 10/9c. It will be comprised of eight one-hour episodes, chronicling the lives of young addicts between the age of 20 to 25 who are offered a chance at recovery. AM will meet them, their families and friends to discuss their willingness to change.
"After careful consideration we have decided to air the show," the star's family said in a statement. "Adam felt strongly that by doing this series, he could help other addicts who were at a crisis point to get sober. Adam was fully aware that if it were not for his own sobriety, he never would have achieved the level of success and happiness he had found."
"Helping people in their recovery was a huge part of Adam's life. It is our hope through airing this show that people will get to see the side of Adam that we knew and loved, not just the celebrity DJ, but the honest and caring person who gave so much of himself to help others. The decision to air the show has been difficult, but we do this with the profound belief that it will inspire others to seek help."
The show is somehow an irony since AM died out of accidental drug overdose at the age of 36. Late last month, New York Medical Examiner announced that the late DJ had in his system "cocaine, OxyContin, Hydrocodone or Vicodin, antianxiety drugs Xanax and Ativan, Klonopin which also controls anger, Benadryl, and Levamisole, a drug apparently used to cut cocaine."
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says
- Joe Biden to Guest Star on 'Law and Order: SVU'. Get the First Look
- Listen to Pink and Kenny Chesney's New Song 'Setting the World on Fire'
- Lindsay Lohan Isn't Pregnant, Close Friend Hofit Golan Confirms
- Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher Already Planning for Third Baby
- Marvel Confirms 'Avengers: Infinity War' Is One Movie, 'Avengers 4' Is Now Untitled
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Single 'Kiss the Sky' Off His 'Platinum Hits' Album