David Letterman Apologizes to Wife During Monologue
David Letterman is not done addressing his affair with a staff member that eventually led to an extortion plan. During his "Late Show with David Letterman" monologue for the Monday, October 5 episode, he once again talked about the sensitive issue, revealing that his wife Regina is "horribly hurt" by the story and that he has apologized to her.
CBS in fact released a preview for the episode but decided to exclude the part where he delivered his apology to Regina. "When something happens like that, if you hurt a person and it's your responsibility, you try to fix it," Letterman said on the cut segment. "And at that point, there's only two things that can happen: either you're going to make some progress and get it fixed, or you're going to fall short and perhaps not get it fixed."
He also made an apology to the staff of the show, saying "I'm terribly sorry that I put the staff in that position." He admitted to not "thinking ahead" and that it was "something stupid" that he has gotten himself into.
Last week, Letterman made a brave announcement that someone is seeking $2 million from him to keep quiet about his affair with someone who has worked for him. The alleged person who has blackmailed Letterman is Robert Joel Halderman aka the producer of "48 Hours of Mystery" while the woman who reportedly slept with him is Stephanie Birkitt.
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge
- Report: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Expecting Baby Boy
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert