Astro Boy Battles Destructive Robots in New Clip
Apple has got a hold of a brand new clip for "Astro Boy". Coming out weeks away from the theatrical release of this CG-animated film, the one-minute plus snippet is titled "The Robot Games" and sees Astro Boy inside a gladiator ring facing off a bigger and meaner robot. Although in the beginning he refuses to battle the robot, he soon caves in to the thought of saving his life.
Astro Boy is a young robot with super strength, x-ray vision, unbelievable speed and the ability to fly. Created by a brilliant scientist named Tenma, he is initially made to replace the son Tenma has lost. But, when Tenma figures out that the existence of Astro couldn't mend his grieving heart, he sends the robot away.
Alone and rejected, the young robot embarks on a journey in search of acceptance, learning the joys and emotions of being human and gaining the strength to embrace his destiny. When he discovers that his friends and family are in danger, he returns to Metro City in a valiant effort to save everything he cares about and to understand what it takes to be a hero.
"Astro Boy" is an adaptation of Osamu Tezuka's classic manga. It comes from "Flushed Away" helmer David Bowers. Penned by Timothy Harris, it features the voice of Freddie Highmore as the titular character Astro Boy, Nicolas Cage as Dr. Tenma, Donald Sutherland as President Stone and Kristen Bell as Cora among many others. It will be distributed in U.S. theaters on October 23.
"Astro Boy" - "The Robot Games" Clip:
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal