Astro Boy Battles Destructive Robots in New Clip
Apple has got a hold of a brand new clip for "Astro Boy". Coming out weeks away from the theatrical release of this CG-animated film, the one-minute plus snippet is titled "The Robot Games" and sees Astro Boy inside a gladiator ring facing off a bigger and meaner robot. Although in the beginning he refuses to battle the robot, he soon caves in to the thought of saving his life.
Astro Boy is a young robot with super strength, x-ray vision, unbelievable speed and the ability to fly. Created by a brilliant scientist named Tenma, he is initially made to replace the son Tenma has lost. But, when Tenma figures out that the existence of Astro couldn't mend his grieving heart, he sends the robot away.
Alone and rejected, the young robot embarks on a journey in search of acceptance, learning the joys and emotions of being human and gaining the strength to embrace his destiny. When he discovers that his friends and family are in danger, he returns to Metro City in a valiant effort to save everything he cares about and to understand what it takes to be a hero.
"Astro Boy" is an adaptation of Osamu Tezuka's classic manga. It comes from "Flushed Away" helmer David Bowers. Penned by Timothy Harris, it features the voice of Freddie Highmore as the titular character Astro Boy, Nicolas Cage as Dr. Tenma, Donald Sutherland as President Stone and Kristen Bell as Cora among many others. It will be distributed in U.S. theaters on October 23.
"Astro Boy" - "The Robot Games" Clip:
- Johnny Depp Sorry for Joking About Assassinating President Donald Trump
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21
- DJ Khaled Releases New Album 'Grateful'
- Is Drake Expecting a Son?
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment