Astro Boy Battles Destructive Robots in New Clip
Apple has got a hold of a brand new clip for "Astro Boy". Coming out weeks away from the theatrical release of this CG-animated film, the one-minute plus snippet is titled "The Robot Games" and sees Astro Boy inside a gladiator ring facing off a bigger and meaner robot. Although in the beginning he refuses to battle the robot, he soon caves in to the thought of saving his life.
Astro Boy is a young robot with super strength, x-ray vision, unbelievable speed and the ability to fly. Created by a brilliant scientist named Tenma, he is initially made to replace the son Tenma has lost. But, when Tenma figures out that the existence of Astro couldn't mend his grieving heart, he sends the robot away.
Alone and rejected, the young robot embarks on a journey in search of acceptance, learning the joys and emotions of being human and gaining the strength to embrace his destiny. When he discovers that his friends and family are in danger, he returns to Metro City in a valiant effort to save everything he cares about and to understand what it takes to be a hero.
"Astro Boy" is an adaptation of Osamu Tezuka's classic manga. It comes from "Flushed Away" helmer David Bowers. Penned by Timothy Harris, it features the voice of Freddie Highmore as the titular character Astro Boy, Nicolas Cage as Dr. Tenma, Donald Sutherland as President Stone and Kristen Bell as Cora among many others. It will be distributed in U.S. theaters on October 23.
"Astro Boy" - "The Robot Games" Clip:
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance