'Friday the 13th Part 2' Secures a 2010 Date
New Line Cinema and Warner Bros. have announced that they are moving forward with the sequel to 2009's "Friday the 13th" by setting up a release date. On Thursday, October 1, the studios revealed that they are aiming to bring "Friday the 13th Part 2" into theaters across America in summer of 2010.
The exact schedule for the release of this thirteenth installment in the series will be on August 13, 2010. On that particular date, "Part 2" will be up against Screen Gems' horror "Priest", which deals with a warrior priest who disobeys church law by teaming with a young sheriff and a priestess to track down a band of renegade vampires and get his kidnapped niece back.
The date has been teased by producers Brad Fuller and Andrew Form earlier. "If it does get greenlit, and we are able to mount it in a reasonable amount of time, we will have the film opening on August 13th of 2010," they told MovieWeb at the time.
As for what this sequel will offer, the producers shared, "Jason is going to have a snowball fight. Look, for Friday the 13th II, which is a totally different film than A Nightmare on Elm Street, it needs to look different. It has a totally different feeling. We want to have fun." They added, "We want to present something that audiences haven't seen before. One of the things they haven't seen before is Jason in the snow. They haven't seen that before. Our goal is to bring them things they haven't seen."
- Chris Evans' Steve Rogers Is No Longer Captain America in MCU, Russo Brothers Confirm
- 'Blade Runner 2' Set Collapses, Killing Construction Worker
- Scott Eastwood Makes Emotional Phone Call to Father of His Ex Who Died in Car Crash
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Sued by Victims of Collapsed Railing at Their Concert
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'
- Amber Heard Slams Johnny Depp for Directly Sending Her Settlement Money to Charities
- The Rock Topples Robert Downey Jr. From Top Spot on List of Highest-Paid Actors 2016