'Friday the 13th Part 2' Secures a 2010 Date
New Line Cinema and Warner Bros. have announced that they are moving forward with the sequel to 2009's "Friday the 13th" by setting up a release date. On Thursday, October 1, the studios revealed that they are aiming to bring "Friday the 13th Part 2" into theaters across America in summer of 2010.
The exact schedule for the release of this thirteenth installment in the series will be on August 13, 2010. On that particular date, "Part 2" will be up against Screen Gems' horror "Priest", which deals with a warrior priest who disobeys church law by teaming with a young sheriff and a priestess to track down a band of renegade vampires and get his kidnapped niece back.
The date has been teased by producers Brad Fuller and Andrew Form earlier. "If it does get greenlit, and we are able to mount it in a reasonable amount of time, we will have the film opening on August 13th of 2010," they told MovieWeb at the time.
As for what this sequel will offer, the producers shared, "Jason is going to have a snowball fight. Look, for Friday the 13th II, which is a totally different film than A Nightmare on Elm Street, it needs to look different. It has a totally different feeling. We want to have fun." They added, "We want to present something that audiences haven't seen before. One of the things they haven't seen before is Jason in the snow. They haven't seen that before. Our goal is to bring them things they haven't seen."
- 'Power Rangers' First Full Trailer Offers First Official Look at Zordon and Megazord
- Amazon Is Adapting Neil Gaiman's 'Good Omens' Into a Limited Series
- Caitlyn Jenner's Rep Clears Up Rumors of Inaugural Dance With Donald Trump
- Nancy Sinatra Slams Donald Trump for Using Her Father's Song at His Inauguration Ball
- Ariana Grande Shares Sweet Birthday Message for 'Soulmate' Mac Miller
- Bella Thorne Gets Flirty With Zedd on Twitter and His Fans Absolutely Hate It
- Fetty Wap and Monty Flaunt Million-Dollar Bling in New Video for 'S**t I Like'
- Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes Reportedly Fighting Over Whether to Have Baby No. 3