'Friday the 13th Part 2' Secures a 2010 Date
New Line Cinema and Warner Bros. have announced that they are moving forward with the sequel to 2009's "Friday the 13th" by setting up a release date. On Thursday, October 1, the studios revealed that they are aiming to bring "Friday the 13th Part 2" into theaters across America in summer of 2010.
The exact schedule for the release of this thirteenth installment in the series will be on August 13, 2010. On that particular date, "Part 2" will be up against Screen Gems' horror "Priest", which deals with a warrior priest who disobeys church law by teaming with a young sheriff and a priestess to track down a band of renegade vampires and get his kidnapped niece back.
The date has been teased by producers Brad Fuller and Andrew Form earlier. "If it does get greenlit, and we are able to mount it in a reasonable amount of time, we will have the film opening on August 13th of 2010," they told MovieWeb at the time.
As for what this sequel will offer, the producers shared, "Jason is going to have a snowball fight. Look, for Friday the 13th II, which is a totally different film than A Nightmare on Elm Street, it needs to look different. It has a totally different feeling. We want to have fun." They added, "We want to present something that audiences haven't seen before. One of the things they haven't seen before is Jason in the snow. They haven't seen that before. Our goal is to bring them things they haven't seen."
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?
- 'World War Z 2' Will Likely Reunite David Fincher and Brad Pitt
- Kourtney Kardashian's Looking for 'More Loyal Soulmate' as She's 'So Over' Scott Disick
- Is Meghan Markle Planning to Get Pregnant Before Marrying Prince Harry?
- Hailee Steinfeld, Kelsea Ballerini and Sofia Carson to Perform Britney Spears Medley at RDMA 2017
- Nam Joo Hyuk's Fans Angered by His Relationship With Lee Sung Kyung