'Transformers 3' Confirmed for 2011
"Transformers 3" is coming out sooner than the original plan. On his Shoot for the Edit forum, director Michael Bay confirmed that the release date has been moved up a year from July 1, 2012 to July 1, 2011. "Well its official: We have a great Transformers 3 story. The release date is now July 1st 2011. Not 2012," so he began the post dated Thursday, October 1.
Providing more info on the project, the 44-year-old filmmaker wrote, "Today is Day One. This morning started with an ILM meeting for five hours in San Francisco." He furthermore noted that he is on a flight to Rhode Island with writer Ehren Kruger to discuss about new characters with Hasbro.
Before ending his post over the development for the sequel to "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen", the producer of "Friday The 13th" revealed that Megan Fox, the actress who has played Mikaela Banes since the first "Transformers" in 2007, is slated to return. "P.S. Megan Fox, welcome back," so he wrote.
As far as the war of words ignited by Fox, Bay has this to say, "I promise no alien robots will harm you in any way during the production of this motion picture. Please consult your Physician when working under my direction because some side effects can occur, such as mild dizziness, intense nausea, suicidal tendencies, depression, minor chest hair growth, random internal hemorrhaging and inability to sleep. As some directors may be hazardous to your health, please consult your Doctor to determine if this is right for you. Pain and Gain is right after shooting of Trans 3."
Following the release of "Revenge", Fox was quoted by Wonderland Magazine as she slammed the director for being "nightmare to work for" and talked about the long hours of work for the shooting of the sequel. She even compared him to Hitler. Her remark led to an open letter, which was posted on Bay's site and signed by three crew members of the blockbuster movie, describing her as an "inexperienced girl" who should thank Bay for the biggest opportunity a young actress can get.
The letter has since been taken down by Bay himself. With its removal, the director stated, "I don't condone the crew letter to Megan. And I don't condone Megan's outlandish quotes. But her crazy quips are part of her crazy charm. The fact of the matter is I still love working with her, and I know we still get along. I even expect more crazy quotes from her on Transformers 3".
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny