Pre-Production of 'Halloween 3D' Shut Down
"Halloween 3D " won't be coming out as soon as what has been planned earlier. According to Deadline Hollywood Daily (DHD), the pre-production for the next installment of the "Halloween" franchise has been brought to a temporary shut down despite the fact that the script has just come on Friday, September 25.
Providing further explanation, Nikki Finke of DHD reasoned that The Weinstein Company topper, Bob Weinstein, felt that the production was moving too fast. The studio allegedly will push forward the movie once attached director Patrick Lussier is free from other projects.
As for the likelihood that the movie was dropped due to the bad performance of "H2: Halloween 2", she pointed out on an insider's remark that ruled out the possibility. "We make those pics for very little money and tight marketing dollars so anything north of $25M is a huge success for us," the source claimed.
Words of The Weinstein Company planning on a 3-D sequel to "H2" came in soon after the sequel to the 2007's "Halloween" was dropped in the U.S. market. Los Angeles Times reported that the plan was revealed by Bob Weinstein who fessed up that Rob Zombie won't return for the new project. Weinstein added that the studio is in negotiations with new director who has "experience in horror and has a 'different take' on the franchise".
This "Halloween 3D" will be the eleventh installment of the "Halloween" franchise. The tenth movie, "H2: Halloween 2", was debuted in theaters across the U.S. on Friday, August 28. Opened third at the North American weekend box office with $16.3 million, it has since pulled in as much as $32.1 million, including the Labor Day bow.
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes