A New Trailer of Epic Miniseries 'The Pacific'
A new trailer of HBO's "The Pacific" which is switching the point of view to another soldier is released. This time the promotional footage takes the focus on the dilemma suffered by the lead character Eugene Sledge while he is defending his country against Empire of Japan.
Green lit in April this year, the epic miniseries is based on the memoirs written by ex Marines Eugene "Sledgehammer" Sledge and Robert Leckie who served their country in the '40s. It tells an intertwined odysseys of three U.S. Marines Leckie, Sledge, and John Basilon from their first action at Guadalcanal, through Iwo Jima and Okinawa and the war's end in the late summer of 1945.
"This epic miniseries is based on the true stories of three Marines whose experiences in the Pacific embodied the unique nature of that theater of war, and dramatize how it profoundly differed from the European front," HBO Films President Colin Callender said.
HBO is putting this miniseries in the March 2010 slate although no date is announced yet. Joseph Mazzello, Jon Seda and James Badge Dale star as Sledge, Basilone and Leckie respectively while Tom Hanks, Steven Spielberg and Gary Goetzman act as the executive producers.
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle
- Jessa Duggar and Ben Seewald Expecting Baby No. 2
- Back Off! Jay-Z Pushes Away Male Fan for Getting Too Close to Beyonce Knowles
- Jennifer Lawrence Tops Forbes' List of 2016 Highest-Paid Actresses