A New Trailer of Epic Miniseries 'The Pacific'
A new trailer of HBO's "The Pacific" which is switching the point of view to another soldier is released. This time the promotional footage takes the focus on the dilemma suffered by the lead character Eugene Sledge while he is defending his country against Empire of Japan.
Green lit in April this year, the epic miniseries is based on the memoirs written by ex Marines Eugene "Sledgehammer" Sledge and Robert Leckie who served their country in the '40s. It tells an intertwined odysseys of three U.S. Marines Leckie, Sledge, and John Basilon from their first action at Guadalcanal, through Iwo Jima and Okinawa and the war's end in the late summer of 1945.
"This epic miniseries is based on the true stories of three Marines whose experiences in the Pacific embodied the unique nature of that theater of war, and dramatize how it profoundly differed from the European front," HBO Films President Colin Callender said.
HBO is putting this miniseries in the March 2010 slate although no date is announced yet. Joseph Mazzello, Jon Seda and James Badge Dale star as Sledge, Basilone and Leckie respectively while Tom Hanks, Steven Spielberg and Gary Goetzman act as the executive producers.
- Nick Jonas Caught Enjoying a Date Night With a Mystery Blonde
- The Next 'X-Men' Sequel May Be Directed by Simon Kinberg
- Jimmy Kimmel Will Try His Best to Keep Matt Damon Off Oscars' Stage
- Prince Harry Plans to Move to the U.S. Once He Marries Meghan Markle
- Ed Sheeran Covers Little Mix's 'Touch' in Radio 1's Live Lounge
- Blonde Justin Bieber Enjoys Sunbathing in Acapulco - See the Pics
- 'Game of Thrones' Actor Alfie Allen to Join 'The Predator'
- Ben Affleck Moves Back in With Jennifer Garner Amid Divorce Rumors