Private Memorial Service for Patrick Swayze Set for Sunday
A private memorial service to honor Patrick Swayze is set to be held at Sony Studios in Culver City, Calif. this coming Sunday, October 4. The late actor's mother Patsy, brother Donald, and wife Lisa Niemi are expected to attend the exclusive get together.
Meanwhile, fans who attend the service are asked to "make donations to either of the following two organizations: The Patrick Swayze Pancreas Cancer Research Fund ... or Stand Up to Cancer" in lieu of flowers, says a statement released by Patrick's representative. Patrick was one of the featured speakers for both organizations.
Patrick Swayze passed away on September 14 after losing his battle against stage 4 pancreatic cancer, which he was first diagnosed with in early 2008. His remains reportedly have been cremated, but there has been no word on where his ashes will be placed.
Another memorial service to remember Patrick's life and career has also been held earlier this month at the North Carolina town of Lake Lure, where his hit 1987 film "Dirty Dancing" was filmed. The ceremony reportedly was staged at Firefly Cove, a housing development that was Camp Chimney Rock when "Dirty Dancing" was filmed.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group