Private Memorial Service for Patrick Swayze Set for Sunday
A private memorial service to honor Patrick Swayze is set to be held at Sony Studios in Culver City, Calif. this coming Sunday, October 4. The late actor's mother Patsy, brother Donald, and wife Lisa Niemi are expected to attend the exclusive get together.
Meanwhile, fans who attend the service are asked to "make donations to either of the following two organizations: The Patrick Swayze Pancreas Cancer Research Fund ... or Stand Up to Cancer" in lieu of flowers, says a statement released by Patrick's representative. Patrick was one of the featured speakers for both organizations.
Patrick Swayze passed away on September 14 after losing his battle against stage 4 pancreatic cancer, which he was first diagnosed with in early 2008. His remains reportedly have been cremated, but there has been no word on where his ashes will be placed.
Another memorial service to remember Patrick's life and career has also been held earlier this month at the North Carolina town of Lake Lure, where his hit 1987 film "Dirty Dancing" was filmed. The ceremony reportedly was staged at Firefly Cove, a housing development that was Camp Chimney Rock when "Dirty Dancing" was filmed.
- Halle Berry Skinny-Dipping in the Night After Oscars. Watch the Video!
- Courtney Stodden Exposes Her Nipple in Racy Corset Dress While Attending Oscars Party
- Nicki Minaj Wears Skimpy Bodysuit on Set of New Music Video
- 'Biggest Loser' Trainer Bob Harper's Back at Home After Suffering Heart Attack: 'I'm Feeling Better'
- Here's Why Jennifer Aniston's Oscars Gown Looks Familiar: It Was First Worn by Jennifer Lopez
- Mahershala Ali to Play Two Roles in 'Alita: Battle Angel'
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2': Drax Annoys the Gang in New Trailer Preview
- Katy Perry Accidentally Flashes Her Bare Butt as She Reunites With Orlando Bloom at Oscars Party