'Jon and Kate Plus 8' Changes Name, New Project Coming Soon
This November, "Jon & Kate Plus 8" will change its name to "Kate Plus Eight" to keep up with the current situation in the Gosselin family. In a press release, TLC announced that under the new title, the show will focus more on Kate Gosselin as a single parent raising 8-year-old twins and 5-year-old sixtuplets.
"Given the recent changes in the family dynamics, it only makes sense for us to refresh and to recalibrate the program to keep pace with the family," President of TLC Eileen O'Neill said. "The family has evolved and we are attempting to evolve with it; We feel that Kate's journey resonates with our viewers."
Curiously, at the end of her statement, O'Neill said that the network is also working on a "Kate project" which is aimed for 2010. This could mean two things, either TLC will end "Kate Plus Eight" after this season and start a new project, or Kate will have to juggle two shows at one time. The network did not provide further detail in the press release.
Regarding "Kate Plus Eight", TLC emphasized that Jon Gosselin will still be present occasionally because they have had an "exclusive relationship". Overall, the show will still follow the family in going through daily life and meeting daily challenges.
In the meantime, it is reported by E! News that Jon is putting the brake in his divorce proceeding because he "used poor judgment in publicly socializing with other women so soon" after his divorce. The legal separation will go through eventually but Jon would "like to get back with Kate as a partner in parenting" first.
- Scarlett Johansson Talks Dating Again as She Thinks Gordon Ramsay 'Is the Hottest Guy'
- Watch Demi Lovato Practice Kissing Using Ed Sheeran Pillow on 'Ew!' With Jimmy Fallon
- Listen to The Chainsmokers' Heartbreaking Ballad 'The One'
- First Official Photos of Alicia Vikander's Lara Croft in 'Tomb Raider' Reboot Are Unveiled
- Nicki Minaj Has Her Eyes on 'Sexy' Nick Cannon Amid Mariah Carey Diss
- Zayn Malik Terrified About Harry Styles' Solo Album: 'He's Going to Steal My Thunder'
- 'Fargo' Season 3 Extended Trailer Sees Ray and Nikki Plotting a Revenge
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24 Week 2: And the First Eliminated Celebrity Is ...