A Date Set for Renee Zellweger's 'Case 39'
After a long delay, psychological horror "Case 39" has finally got its U.S. release date set on the 2010 slate. On Wednesday, September 23, Paramount Pictures announced that the movie starring Renee Zellweger and Jodelle Ferland will be coming out in cinemas across the country on January 1, 2010.
Initially scheduled to open wide in U.S. theaters on February 8, 2008, this R-rated movie faced a number of release date changes and was, at one point, totally removed from Paramount's slate before finally resting in the new January 2010 date. It is set to have an October 2, 2009 release in the United Kingdom.
Shot in Vancouver in late 2006, "Case 39" revolves around Emily Jenkin. The family services social worker thinks she has seen it all until she meets her newest, most mysterious case: a troubled 10-year-old Lilith Sullivan. Her worst fears are confirmed when the parents try to kill Lilith, their only daughter. After saving the girl, Emily decides to take Lilith in herself until the right foster family comes along. Little that she knows, the real horror is about to take place.
Christian Alvart, the German director who previously helmed "Antibodies", serves as its director with scribe Ray Wright providing the script. Zellweger stars as Emily, and Ferland takes the role of Lilith. Ian McShane, Kerry O'Malley, Callum Keith Rennie and Bradley Cooper are in supporting roles.
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season