Two Recruited for 'Thor'
Two casting news have come in for "Thor". Jaimie Alexander, the Jessi XX of the "Kyle XY" series, and Colm Feore, the First Gentleman Henry Taylor of the "24" series, have joined the cast ensemble of the Marvel Studios' comic book adaptation, The Hollywood Reporter has claimed.
25-year-old Alexander has been picked up to star as Sif. Her character is described to be a skilled Asgardian warrior who can fight as well as any man and is one of Thor's love interests. 51-year-old Feore, meanwhile, will be carrying out a villainous character. However, which baddie he will play is still kept as a secret.
"Thor" is an epic adventure that spans the Marvel Universe from present day Earth to the realm of Asgard. The story centers on Thor, a powerful but arrogant warrior, who is cast down to Earth and forced to live among humans after his reckless actions reignite an ancient war. He later learns what it takes to be a true hero when the most dangerous villain of his world sends the darkest forces of Asgard to invade Earth.
Chris Hemsworth plays the title character, and Natalie Portman stars as Jane Foster, a nurse and first love of Thor. The two are supported by Tom Hiddleston who will be seen as Thor's nemesis, Loki. Paramount Pictures is set to distribute it in U.S. theaters on May 20, 2011.
More Thor News
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'
- Wishes Turn Into Nightmares in 'Wish Upon' New Trailer
- Sade Convinces Drake Not to Diss Kendrick Lamar Over a Track
- Selena Gomez Cheers on The Weeknd at Brazilian Concert
- 'Power Rangers' Future Installment May Feature Female Green Ranger
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle