Neil Patrick Harris' Opening Number and Dance Tribute at Emmys
The ceremony of 61st Primetime Emmy Awards has just ended but some notable moments from the live event were captured. Neil Patrick Harris opening number and a dance sequence by several dancers from shows such as "Dancing with the Stars" and "So You Think You Can Dance" were among the highlighted moments apart from the winners revelation.
Harris, wearing white Tuxedo, worked the stage with a Broadway number of "Put Down That Remote". His performance included a shout out to Tina Fey who won as the impersonation of Sarah Palin, Tony Shalhoub whose name rhymes with tuba, and Shirley MacLaine as well as Drew Barrymore who "everyday look luscious and cool".
"American Idol" was included in the opening set with Harris singing "But like next season on 'Idol', I'm not seeing Paula Abdul" while the camera was shooting an empty chair. He also made joke of his sexual orientation by saying that Christina Hendricks from "Mad Men" can turn any gay man to straight. But before long he added, "Oh wait, never mind, there's Jon Hamm".
The dancing segment meanwhile was choreographed by Tabitha and Napoleon D'umo, featuring Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Karina Smirnoff as the opener. They were later joined by several dancers from Quest Crew for an energetic piece that gave tribute to dancing reality series.
61st Annual Primetime Emmy Awards was held at Los Angeles' Nokia Theater on Sunday, September 20. "30 Rock" and "Mad Men" took home the top prizes as Best Comedy and Best Drama respectively. In total, "30 Rock" won five out of the twenty nominations it received. Slightly below the comedy in terms of the number were HBO's "Grey Gardens", ABC's "Pushing Daisies" and PBS' "Little Dorrit".
- Put Down That Remote
- Justin Theroux Joins 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Mischa Barton Reveals Emotional Abuse and Blackmail by Ex-Boyfriend Who Leaked Her Sex Tape
- Jordan Peele Eyed to Direct Manga Adaptation 'Akira'
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 New Teaser Shows 'Long Walk' to the Throne
- 'Avengers' Helmer Joss Whedon to Direct, Write and Produce 'Batgirl'
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App