Early Winners of 61st Annual Primetime Emmy Awards
Kristin Chenoweth and Jon Cryer were among the early winners at 61st Primetime Emmy Awards on Sunday, September 20. Chenoweth won the Best Supporting Actress in Comedy for her role on the now-canceled "Pushing Daisies" while Cryer snagged the Best Supporting Actor part.
Cryer, the depicter of Alan on "Two and a Half Men" beat Neil Patrick Harris who was hosting the show. In finding out that his role as Barney on "How I Met Your Mother" did not win, Harris cracked the joke, "It's not awkward. I won't let it get awkward."
Other winners in the Comedy category include Toni Collette from "United States of Tara" and Alec Baldwin from "30 Rock" for Best Actress and Actor respectively. On his acceptance speech Baldwin gave a shout out to Tina Fey and dedicated the awards to Executive Producer Lorne Michaels.
Shohreh Aghdashloo took Supporting Actress in a Miniseries award for "House of Saddam" and Ken Howard snatched the Actor counterpart for his role in "Grey Gardens". Howard joked that he would keep his speech short before a congressman or a rapper stopped it short.
"The Amazing Race" won Best Reality Show, "Grey Gardens" won Made for TV Movie, Matt Hubbard won the Writing for a Comedy Series for "30 Rock" episode "Reunion". So far "30 Rock" and "Grey Gardens" are dominating the winner list.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'