Early Winners of 61st Annual Primetime Emmy Awards
Kristin Chenoweth and Jon Cryer were among the early winners at 61st Primetime Emmy Awards on Sunday, September 20. Chenoweth won the Best Supporting Actress in Comedy for her role on the now-canceled "Pushing Daisies" while Cryer snagged the Best Supporting Actor part.
Cryer, the depicter of Alan on "Two and a Half Men" beat Neil Patrick Harris who was hosting the show. In finding out that his role as Barney on "How I Met Your Mother" did not win, Harris cracked the joke, "It's not awkward. I won't let it get awkward."
Other winners in the Comedy category include Toni Collette from "United States of Tara" and Alec Baldwin from "30 Rock" for Best Actress and Actor respectively. On his acceptance speech Baldwin gave a shout out to Tina Fey and dedicated the awards to Executive Producer Lorne Michaels.
Shohreh Aghdashloo took Supporting Actress in a Miniseries award for "House of Saddam" and Ken Howard snatched the Actor counterpart for his role in "Grey Gardens". Howard joked that he would keep his speech short before a congressman or a rapper stopped it short.
"The Amazing Race" won Best Reality Show, "Grey Gardens" won Made for TV Movie, Matt Hubbard won the Writing for a Comedy Series for "30 Rock" episode "Reunion". So far "30 Rock" and "Grey Gardens" are dominating the winner list.
- CBS Renews 16 Series for 2017-2018 Season - Find Out Which Show Makes the Cut
- Rihanna Is Reportedly Not Surprised With Drake's New Sade Tattoo. Find Out Why
- It's Finally Here! Zayn Malik Releases New Single 'Still Got Time' Ft. PARTYNEXTDOOR
- Mariah Carey Plans to Throw More 'Subtle Shade' at Nicki Minaj
- Report: Generous George Clooney Under FBI Investigation for Money Laundering
- 'Justice League' Character Posters and Teasers Are Out, First Trailer Will Be Released Soon
- 'Twin Peaks' Revival: First Photos and Details Are Revealed
- FOX's' X-Men' Pilot 'Gifted' Unveils First BTS Photo Featuring Amy Acker