Sacha Baron Cohen Lending Voice to 'The Simpsons'
The writers of "The Simpsons" have one actor in mind to fill in the voice of an Israeli tour guide. They have tapped "Borat" and "Bruno" star Sacha Baron Cohen to bring the "pretty angry but funny" character to life in an episode that airs next year.
According to EW, Cohen's tour guide will meet the dysfunctional family during a church-group trip to the Holy Land. There, Homer gets a 'Jerusalem Syndrome' and believes that he is the messiah. The episode is called "The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed" and will air on March 28, 2010 which coincides with Palm Sunday. "So it'll be a show that all faiths can come together and be offended by," Executive Producer Al Jean said.
More about what Cohen's character does in the episode, Jean elaborated "He's trying to get Marge to give him good grades on the comment card, and she goes, 'You people are pushy,' and he goes, 'What do you mean, you people? You try having Syria for a neighbor! What do you have - Canada?' "
"The Simpsons", in its 21st season, will be back on FOX September 27.
More The Simpsons News
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March