'Astro Boy' Escapes Capture in Extended Clip
About month away from the theatrical release of "Astro Boy" in October, Summit Entertainment unravels an extended clip for the CG-animated film. Coming out via Moviefone, the nearly four minutes footage opens with the young robot realizing that he is different, before he is quickly thrown into a high-speed chase around the city.
Set in futuristic Metro City, this movie follows a young robot with incredible powers. Astro is created by a brilliant scientist to replace the son he lost, but when the scientist finds out the robot couldn't mend his grieving heart, he sends Astro away. Alone and rejected, the young robot embarks on a journey in search of acceptance where he experiences betrayal and gets into a netherworld of robot gladiators, before he finally returns to save Metro City and reconcile with the scientist.
"Astro Boy" is an adaptation of Osamu Tezuka's classic manga. It comes from "Flushed Away" helmer David Bowers. Penned by Timothy Harris, it features the voice of Freddie Highmore as the titular character Astro Boy, Nicolas Cage as Dr. Tenma, Donald Sutherland as President Stone and Kristen Bell as Cora among many others. It will be distributed in U.S. theaters on October 23.
"Astro Boy" Extended Clip:
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes