'Astro Boy' Escapes Capture in Extended Clip
About month away from the theatrical release of "Astro Boy" in October, Summit Entertainment unravels an extended clip for the CG-animated film. Coming out via Moviefone, the nearly four minutes footage opens with the young robot realizing that he is different, before he is quickly thrown into a high-speed chase around the city.
Set in futuristic Metro City, this movie follows a young robot with incredible powers. Astro is created by a brilliant scientist to replace the son he lost, but when the scientist finds out the robot couldn't mend his grieving heart, he sends Astro away. Alone and rejected, the young robot embarks on a journey in search of acceptance where he experiences betrayal and gets into a netherworld of robot gladiators, before he finally returns to save Metro City and reconcile with the scientist.
"Astro Boy" is an adaptation of Osamu Tezuka's classic manga. It comes from "Flushed Away" helmer David Bowers. Penned by Timothy Harris, it features the voice of Freddie Highmore as the titular character Astro Boy, Nicolas Cage as Dr. Tenma, Donald Sutherland as President Stone and Kristen Bell as Cora among many others. It will be distributed in U.S. theaters on October 23.
"Astro Boy" Extended Clip:
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes
- Sia and Diplo Team Up for 'Waving Goodbye' From 'The Neon Demon'
- Farrah Abraham Slammed for Posting Photos of Her 7-Year-Old Daughter in Bikinis