'Astro Boy' Escapes Capture in Extended Clip
About month away from the theatrical release of "Astro Boy" in October, Summit Entertainment unravels an extended clip for the CG-animated film. Coming out via Moviefone, the nearly four minutes footage opens with the young robot realizing that he is different, before he is quickly thrown into a high-speed chase around the city.
Set in futuristic Metro City, this movie follows a young robot with incredible powers. Astro is created by a brilliant scientist to replace the son he lost, but when the scientist finds out the robot couldn't mend his grieving heart, he sends Astro away. Alone and rejected, the young robot embarks on a journey in search of acceptance where he experiences betrayal and gets into a netherworld of robot gladiators, before he finally returns to save Metro City and reconcile with the scientist.
"Astro Boy" is an adaptation of Osamu Tezuka's classic manga. It comes from "Flushed Away" helmer David Bowers. Penned by Timothy Harris, it features the voice of Freddie Highmore as the titular character Astro Boy, Nicolas Cage as Dr. Tenma, Donald Sutherland as President Stone and Kristen Bell as Cora among many others. It will be distributed in U.S. theaters on October 23.
"Astro Boy" Extended Clip:
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'
- Watch Lady GaGa Crowd Surf at Final 'Dive Bar Tour' Show
- Take a Look at Explosive New Trailer for 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk'
- Kate Beckinsale's Obsession With Penis Landed Her Daughter in Trouble at School
- Another Dig at Zayn Malik? Listen to Little Mix's Catchy New Track 'You Gotta Not'
- Cuteness Overload! Chrissy Teigen Dresses Daughter Luna as Banana, Minnie Mouse and Others
- Daisy Ridley Responds to 'Sexist' Claims That Rey Is Mary Sue in 'The Force Awakens'