'Astro Boy' Escapes Capture in Extended Clip
About month away from the theatrical release of "Astro Boy" in October, Summit Entertainment unravels an extended clip for the CG-animated film. Coming out via Moviefone, the nearly four minutes footage opens with the young robot realizing that he is different, before he is quickly thrown into a high-speed chase around the city.
Set in futuristic Metro City, this movie follows a young robot with incredible powers. Astro is created by a brilliant scientist to replace the son he lost, but when the scientist finds out the robot couldn't mend his grieving heart, he sends Astro away. Alone and rejected, the young robot embarks on a journey in search of acceptance where he experiences betrayal and gets into a netherworld of robot gladiators, before he finally returns to save Metro City and reconcile with the scientist.
"Astro Boy" is an adaptation of Osamu Tezuka's classic manga. It comes from "Flushed Away" helmer David Bowers. Penned by Timothy Harris, it features the voice of Freddie Highmore as the titular character Astro Boy, Nicolas Cage as Dr. Tenma, Donald Sutherland as President Stone and Kristen Bell as Cora among many others. It will be distributed in U.S. theaters on October 23.
"Astro Boy" Extended Clip:
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group