'America's Got Talent': And the Winner Is Kevin Skinner
The guy with the guitar came out as the champion of "America's Got Talent" on Wednesday, September 16 finale. Kevin Skinner, a musical act that hailed from Mayfield, K.Y. was awarded 1 million dollar grand prize and a spot at Las Vegas' Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino show when he was announced as the winner of fourth season.
In the final round, host Nick Cannon narrowed it down from Top 10 to Top 5. The Voices of Glory finished fifth, followed by Texas Tenors at fourth place and Recycled Percussion at number 3. After dispatching these acts, Nick separated Barbara Padilla and Kevin Skinner to second and first place respectively.
Skinner, who actually did not get as much exposure as Barbara, sang Aerosmith's "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" that night. Upon being called as the person with the most votes from American audience, Skinner could not hold back tears. He said, "I've always loved to perform. I want to go out there and give 'em the best show I can."
Before Skinner was announced as the winner of the talent show, Shakira, Leona Lewis and Susan Boyle filled in as the musical performers of the night. Susan, who was a finalist on "Britain's Got Talent", sang her new single "Wild Horses".
More America's Got Talent News
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel