'America's Got Talent': And the Winner Is Kevin Skinner
The guy with the guitar came out as the champion of "America's Got Talent" on Wednesday, September 16 finale. Kevin Skinner, a musical act that hailed from Mayfield, K.Y. was awarded 1 million dollar grand prize and a spot at Las Vegas' Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino show when he was announced as the winner of fourth season.
In the final round, host Nick Cannon narrowed it down from Top 10 to Top 5. The Voices of Glory finished fifth, followed by Texas Tenors at fourth place and Recycled Percussion at number 3. After dispatching these acts, Nick separated Barbara Padilla and Kevin Skinner to second and first place respectively.
Skinner, who actually did not get as much exposure as Barbara, sang Aerosmith's "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" that night. Upon being called as the person with the most votes from American audience, Skinner could not hold back tears. He said, "I've always loved to perform. I want to go out there and give 'em the best show I can."
Before Skinner was announced as the winner of the talent show, Shakira, Leona Lewis and Susan Boyle filled in as the musical performers of the night. Susan, who was a finalist on "Britain's Got Talent", sang her new single "Wild Horses".
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance