'America's Got Talent': And the Winner Is Kevin Skinner
The guy with the guitar came out as the champion of "America's Got Talent" on Wednesday, September 16 finale. Kevin Skinner, a musical act that hailed from Mayfield, K.Y. was awarded 1 million dollar grand prize and a spot at Las Vegas' Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino show when he was announced as the winner of fourth season.
In the final round, host Nick Cannon narrowed it down from Top 10 to Top 5. The Voices of Glory finished fifth, followed by Texas Tenors at fourth place and Recycled Percussion at number 3. After dispatching these acts, Nick separated Barbara Padilla and Kevin Skinner to second and first place respectively.
Skinner, who actually did not get as much exposure as Barbara, sang Aerosmith's "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" that night. Upon being called as the person with the most votes from American audience, Skinner could not hold back tears. He said, "I've always loved to perform. I want to go out there and give 'em the best show I can."
Before Skinner was announced as the winner of the talent show, Shakira, Leona Lewis and Susan Boyle filled in as the musical performers of the night. Susan, who was a finalist on "Britain's Got Talent", sang her new single "Wild Horses".
More America's Got Talent News
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame