'America's Got Talent': And the Winner Is Kevin Skinner
The guy with the guitar came out as the champion of "America's Got Talent" on Wednesday, September 16 finale. Kevin Skinner, a musical act that hailed from Mayfield, K.Y. was awarded 1 million dollar grand prize and a spot at Las Vegas' Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino show when he was announced as the winner of fourth season.
In the final round, host Nick Cannon narrowed it down from Top 10 to Top 5. The Voices of Glory finished fifth, followed by Texas Tenors at fourth place and Recycled Percussion at number 3. After dispatching these acts, Nick separated Barbara Padilla and Kevin Skinner to second and first place respectively.
Skinner, who actually did not get as much exposure as Barbara, sang Aerosmith's "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" that night. Upon being called as the person with the most votes from American audience, Skinner could not hold back tears. He said, "I've always loved to perform. I want to go out there and give 'em the best show I can."
Before Skinner was announced as the winner of the talent show, Shakira, Leona Lewis and Susan Boyle filled in as the musical performers of the night. Susan, who was a finalist on "Britain's Got Talent", sang her new single "Wild Horses".
More America's Got Talent News
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'