President Obama to Visit 'Late Show with David Letterman'
David Letterman's September 21 guest would be none other than Barack Obama. The President of United States is given the privilege of being the only guest on "Late Show with David Letterman" that night.
"President Obama's appearance will mark the first by a sitting U.S. President on the 'Late Show' and his first visit back to the show since his election," CBS said in the press release. Obama has appeared on the show five times before taking the office with the latest being September 10, 2008 when he was at the height of Presidential election campaign.
Talking about health reforms, Obama will be conducting media tour this Sunday, September 20 with appearances on NBC's "Meet the Press", ABC's "This Week", CBS' "Face the Nation" and CNN's "State of the Union". FOX's "News Sunday" is somehow skipped.
The President recently made headlines with his comment on Kanye West's antic at MTV Video Music Awards. Asked what came across his mind when he heard about Kanye cutting Taylor Swift's acceptance speech, Obama said it was "inappropriate" before adding "He's a jackass". Letterman could be lifting this issue as a subject during the interview.
- Amber Rose Rumored to Join 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle
- Jessa Duggar and Ben Seewald Expecting Baby No. 2
- Back Off! Jay-Z Pushes Away Male Fan for Getting Too Close to Beyonce Knowles