Lewis Hamilton Reportedly Dumps Nicole Scherzinger
Formula 1 driver Lewis Hamilton dumps his singer girlfriend Nicole Scherzinger, Britain's Sunday Mirror newspaper reports. He reportedly initiated the break-up about 10 days ago and told her that reconciliation is not a possible option.
"Lewis was adamant the relationship had come to an end. He was feeling under pressure to take their union to the next level and he wasn't wanting to become engaged, get married or think about having children," says a source close to the pair. "He's young, they spend an awful lot of time apart and he's just not ready to leave his youth behind for a lifetime with Nicole."
"He found the tribulations of having a long-distance relationship very challenging indeed," continues the source. As for Nicole, The Pussycat Dolls' lead singer is said feeling "mortified" by the sudden split. "She imagined being with Lewis for a long time and she's shocked that things have ended so suddenly," the source reveals further.
Meanwhile, another source close to Lewis tells Sunday Mirror, "He wants to play the singles market for a while and enjoy himself. He's still very young, he's incredibly rich and he's not wanting to be tied down into a relationship right now. It's as simple as that." Though several other media outlets have made public the same story, there has been no confirming statement just yet from either Nicole or Lewis regarding the break-up claim.
Lewis Hamilton and Nicole Scherzinger met each other for the first time at an MTV awards bash in November 2007. They began dating in 2008 and have since been hit with repeated false engagement reports.
Back in May this year, Nicole opened up about her willingness to walk down the aisle with Lewis. She told reporters, "Would I get married? For sure and, yeah ... But I have to get engaged first. Late July is looking good. Marriage is a seal of love. On my solo album I have sung about how much I love that and what the whole process would mean to me. Who needs a reason to seal their love?" At that time she also gushed about having her bandmates serving as her bridesmaids.
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture