Gavin Hood Not Yet Attached to 'Wolverine 2'
While Academy Award-winning writer Christopher McQuarrie has been brought on board to pen "Wolverine 2", director Gavin Hood confesses that he remains unattached. During a "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" DVD/Blu-ray event in Los Angeles, the 46-year-old told Latino Review that he is yet to be attached to the sequel project.
"I don't even know if I would be involved," Hood responded when presented with question of what story he has in mind. "Right now I'm not attached. Nobody's attached. They're developing a script and we'll see where everybody is. I'm hoping to be shooting something next year and I don't think that 'Wolverine' will be ready for next year."
"I haven't been approached one way or another," the filmmaker further insisted. "The studio is obviously very cautious. They want to see how Wolverine does on DVD. Let them develop the script, let's see what the script looks like, let's see how the studio feels about the script, how Hugh [Jackman] feels about it and then we'll take it from there."
Despite noting the uncertainty of his involvement, Hood revealed that he likes the idea of the Japan plot. "I just think that the Japanese story is so iconic and beautiful and could be so visual," he said. "That's the one and I'm reluctant to talk about others because I know Len [Wein]'s writing others now. And honestly, here's the truth: if the Japanese story works, there might be another sequel. And if it doesn't, there won't be."
"Wolverine 2" will be produced by star Hugh Jackman under his Fox-based Seed shingle along with Lauren Shuler Donner. The story reportedly will be based on the early 1980s Chris Claremont/Frank Miller miniseries, and thus will be set in Japan and feature Wolverine battling with ninjas as he deals with his internal conflicts on whether he should follow his animal killer instincts or the samurai's code of honor and respect.
During the 11th Annual Teen Choice Awards held Sunday, August 9, Jackman who will reprise his Wolverine role opened up on the current status of the sequel. "Japan is where we're heading, [and] we're starting to work on it now," the 40-year-old actor stated. "We're in ... the first steps of developing that story."
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala
- Your Favorite 'Game of Thrones' Stars Will Get More Screen Time in Season 7
- Kylie Jenner Reportedly Pregnant With Travis Scott's Baby
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift