2009 CMA Awards Nominations Outed, Brad Paisley Gets Most Nods
Nomination recipients for this year's CMA Awards have been revealed at ABC's "Good Morning America" and CMT's studio in Nashville on September 9. Coming to GMA announcing the nominees were Darius Rucker and Lee Ann Womack. Meanwhile, the press conference in Nashville was hosted by Cody Alan and Alecia Davis with Randy Houser as its announcer.
Leading the nominations list was Brad Paisley who took home six kudos. He will compete in such categories as Entertainer of the Year, Male Vocalist, Single of the Year, Album of the Year, Song of the Year and Music Video. Following Brad's domination were Keith Urban, Jamey Johnson, George Strait, Taylor Swift and Zac Brown Band with four nods each. Other country musicians who grabbed multiple nods include Kenny Chesney and Randy.
In regard of being nominated in four categories, Taylor shared her excitement through Twitter. "I am jumping up and down surrounded by dogs and my mom and screaming like it's Christmas morning. I'll never forget this," she wrote.
In the same tone, Keith also said he was thankful for the nods he got. "This is absolutely awe inspiring. I've never loved playing music as much as I have this year. The response to the new album has been divine and, given the crazy times we're in, the celebratory atmosphere and positive energy night after night on this particular tour has been nothing short of a miracle ... and we're not even done yet," he stated.
Kenny also offered his comment. "The more you do this, the more those nominations mean," he gushed. "You realize what it takes to receive an honor like this -- especially from your peers who make it happen and know the work and commitment it takes. You've got to be humbled knowing what you do is recognized."
New singer Randy is grateful with the nominations he got this year at the CMA Awards. "It pretty much freaked me out. All of them are buddies of mine. There's a lot of mutual respect going on. ... It's a really tight category, and I don't know what kind of shot I have. There's a lot of those guys that had big, big years, and I'm kind of just getting started," he said.
The 43rd Annual Country Music Association Awards will be aired live from Nashville on November 11 on ABC. Multiple CMA-winning artists Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley have been billed to host the event. As for its musical guests and presenters, announcement is expected to be made sometime soon.
2009 CMA Awards Nominations:
Entertainer of the Year
- "Chicken Fried" - Zac Brown Band
- "I Run to You" - Lady Antebellum
- "In Color" - Jamey Johnson
- "People Are Crazy" - Billy Currington
- "Then" - Brad Paisley
- "American Saturday Night" - Brad Paisley
- "Defying Gravity" - Keith Urban
- "Fearless" - Taylor Swift
- "Love on the Inside" - Sugarland
- "That Lonesome Song" - Jamey Johnson
- "Chicken Fried" written by Zac Brown Band and Wyatt Durette
- "I Told You So" written by Randy Travis
- "In Color" written by Jamey Johnson, Lee Thomas Miller and James Otto
- "People Are Crazy" written by Bobby Braddock and Troy Jones
- "Then" written by Brad Paisley, Chris DuBois and Ashley Gorley
- "Cowgirls Don't Cry" - Brooks & Dunn featuring Reba McEntire
- "Down the Road" - Kenny Chesney with Mac McAnally
- "Everything But Quits" - Lee Ann Womack with George Strait
- "I Told You So" - Carrie Underwood featuring Randy Travis
- "Old Enough" - The Raconteurs featuring Ricky Skaggs and Ashley Monroe
- "Boots On" - Randy Houser
- "Love Story" - Taylor Swift
- "People Are Crazy" - Billy Currington
- "Start a Band" - Brad Paisley with Keith Urban
- "Troubadour" - George Strait
- Eddie Bayers - drums
- Paul Franklin - steel guitar
- Dann Huff - guitar
- Brent Mason - guitar
- Mac McAnally - guitar
- Nathan Keyes to Play Justin Timberlake in Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris