Patrick Lussier in Talks for 'Halloween 3D'
The Weinstein Company may find a writer and director for its future "Halloween" project, "Halloween 3D", in Patrick Lussier. The helmer of recent horror movie "My Bloody Valentine 3-D" has been claimed by Variety to be in talks to write and direct this third installment of the "Halloween" series.
If the negotiation went according to plan, Lussier will be filling the shoes of Rob Zombie. The latter name has been the writer as well as director to the last two of the "Halloween" franchise, the 2007's "Halloween" and the August-released "H2: Halloween 2". In addition to his "Valentine" work, Lussier himself has directed "Dracula 2000" and was the film editor of Wes Craven's "Scream".
Words of The Weinstein Company planning on a 3-D sequel to "H2" came in soon after "H2" was dropped in the U.S. market. Los Angeles Times reported that the plan was revealed by the studio's co-Chairman Bob Weinstein who fessed up that Rob Zombie won't return for the new project. Weinstein added that the studio is in negotiations with new director who has "experience in horror and has a 'different take' on the franchise".
This "Halloween 3D" will be the eleventh installment of the "Halloween" franchise. The tenth movie, "H2: Halloween 2", was debuted in theaters across the U.S. on Friday, August 28. Opened third at the North American weekend box office with $16.3 million, it has since pulled in as much as $27.1 million, including the Labor Day bow.
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake