Patrick Lussier in Talks for 'Halloween 3D'
The Weinstein Company may find a writer and director for its future "Halloween" project, "Halloween 3D", in Patrick Lussier. The helmer of recent horror movie "My Bloody Valentine 3-D" has been claimed by Variety to be in talks to write and direct this third installment of the "Halloween" series.
If the negotiation went according to plan, Lussier will be filling the shoes of Rob Zombie. The latter name has been the writer as well as director to the last two of the "Halloween" franchise, the 2007's "Halloween" and the August-released "H2: Halloween 2". In addition to his "Valentine" work, Lussier himself has directed "Dracula 2000" and was the film editor of Wes Craven's "Scream".
Words of The Weinstein Company planning on a 3-D sequel to "H2" came in soon after "H2" was dropped in the U.S. market. Los Angeles Times reported that the plan was revealed by the studio's co-Chairman Bob Weinstein who fessed up that Rob Zombie won't return for the new project. Weinstein added that the studio is in negotiations with new director who has "experience in horror and has a 'different take' on the franchise".
This "Halloween 3D" will be the eleventh installment of the "Halloween" franchise. The tenth movie, "H2: Halloween 2", was debuted in theaters across the U.S. on Friday, August 28. Opened third at the North American weekend box office with $16.3 million, it has since pulled in as much as $27.1 million, including the Labor Day bow.
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor