Wil Wheaton Guest Starring on 'Big Bang Theory'
Wil Wheaton, the Wesley Crusher of "Star Trek: The Next Generation", has made an announcement through his Twitter that he has been cast to appear on "The Big Bang Theory". The 37-year-old wrote, "An announcement of extraordinary magnitude: I will be on an episode of #thebigbangtheory this season. That's all I'm allowed to say. GLEE!"
Kicking it off Monday, September 21, "Big Bang" will also add another guest star to the flock. Lewis Black from "The Daily Show" is turning up as Professor Crawley in the second episode. Sheldon and Howard stake their best comic books on a bet to determine the species of a cricket and as an entomologist, Crawley has to settle the problem.
The second season ended with Leonard and Penny being oceans apart. In the season premiere, Sheldon flees back to Texas in disgrace when he learns the guys tampered with his arctic expedition data, forcing the guys to follow him and threatening Leonard's hopes for a romantic encounter with Penny.
Fans can catch up with the second season which will be released on DVD next Tuesday, September 15. Apart from the 23 episodes, the DVD will contain two featurettes, "Physicist to the Stars: Real-Life Physicist/UCLA Professor David Saltzberg's Consulting Relationship to the Show" and "Testing the Infinite Hilarity Hypothesis in Relation to the Big Bang Theory: Season Two's Unique Characters and Characteristics". As a bonus, there is also a gag reel.
- Marriage on the Rocks? Hugh Jackman and Deborra-Lee Furness Are Living 'Separate Lives'
- Oscars 2017: 'Zootopia' Is Best Animated Feature, 'Hacksaw Ridge' Already Wins Two
- Oscars 2017: Lin-Manuel Miranda Cries Over Surprise 'Moana' Mash-Up Cover by 'Hamilton' Cast
- 'Aliens' Actor Bill Paxton Dies at 61, Celebs Pay Tribute on Twitter
- Oscars 2017: Justin Timberlake Gets the Party Started With Lively Performance
- Does Caitlyn Jenner Have a New Girlfriend?
- Oscars 2017: Justin Timberlake Photobombs Jessica Biel and Emma Stone
- Oscars 2017: Viola Davis Wins Best Supporting Actress