'Slumdog Millionaire' Kids to Share Screen With Anthony Hopkins
Two of the "Slumdog Millionaire" young stars, Rubina Ali and Azharuddin Mohammed Ismail, are heading back to the big screen. Recent report from WENN suggested that the child actors who took the role of young Latika and Salim respectively in the Oscars-winning drama could be starring opposite Anthony Hopkins in "Lord Owen's Lady".
While Hopkins' involvement in the movie is still under negotiation, Ali and Ismail have been signed to join its cast ensemble. It is still unclear what part each of them will carry out for this drama film, but Hopkins is in talks to play Lord Owen's father. This will be their first taste of working with a Hollywood star.
The casting rumor broke out just days after Ismail's father passed away of tuberculosis on Friday, September 4. While offering his condolences for the young actor, "Lord Owen's" executive producer Martin Pennell told Britain's The Sun, "It is very sad, but it was his dad's desire for him to play a part in the film."
Rubina Ali and Azharuddin Mohammed Ismail are both real life children from the Mumbai slums. Latika and Salim from rag-to-riches drama "Slumdog Millionaire" were their first big screen roles. In early 2009, both of them were cast in the forthcoming Bollywood film, "Kal Kisne Dekha", and will star opposite Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan among others.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival