'Slumdog Millionaire' Kids to Share Screen With Anthony Hopkins
Two of the "Slumdog Millionaire" young stars, Rubina Ali and Azharuddin Mohammed Ismail, are heading back to the big screen. Recent report from WENN suggested that the child actors who took the role of young Latika and Salim respectively in the Oscars-winning drama could be starring opposite Anthony Hopkins in "Lord Owen's Lady".
While Hopkins' involvement in the movie is still under negotiation, Ali and Ismail have been signed to join its cast ensemble. It is still unclear what part each of them will carry out for this drama film, but Hopkins is in talks to play Lord Owen's father. This will be their first taste of working with a Hollywood star.
The casting rumor broke out just days after Ismail's father passed away of tuberculosis on Friday, September 4. While offering his condolences for the young actor, "Lord Owen's" executive producer Martin Pennell told Britain's The Sun, "It is very sad, but it was his dad's desire for him to play a part in the film."
Rubina Ali and Azharuddin Mohammed Ismail are both real life children from the Mumbai slums. Latika and Salim from rag-to-riches drama "Slumdog Millionaire" were their first big screen roles. In early 2009, both of them were cast in the forthcoming Bollywood film, "Kal Kisne Dekha", and will star opposite Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan among others.
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna