Artist of the Week: Boys Like Girls
Boys Like Girls are gearing up to release the follow-up to their gold-certified debut album "Boys Like Girls". They will drop the sophomore set "Love Drunk" in U.S. on September 8, the same day they will perform in "Jimmy Kimmel Live!".
After paying Jimmy Kimmel a visit, this band will help the New England Patriots kick off their 2009 season with a free concert on September 13, outside Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, MA. The following night, frontman Martin Johnson will open the 40th season of Monday Night Football by singing the National Anthem live before his hometown Patriots faces off the Buffalo Bills.
"Love Drunk" is led by its title track which peaked at number 22 on Billboard Hot 200 and has sold more than 400,000 copies since making its way out in June. Its music video was premiered in July and features Ashley Tisdale as a cameo.
What differs the new album from the previous one is that it features their collaboration with singer from different genre, Taylor Swift, something they never did before. "We just thought she was the right voice and the right person for that song," Martin told MTV about the duet.
"I don't think we were worried about how our fans would react to that collaboration. I think Taylor's such a versatile artist, she can go from country to pop to rock to anywhere. We just saw her at Madison Square Garden, and there were so many kinds of fans there."
A bunch of tour dates have been announced to promote the new record and Cobra Starship have been billed as their supporting act. Beside touring and performing on TV, Boys Like Girls will also treat fans with in-store performance and autograph signings. Fans can log on to their official website to get more info about their schedule.
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video
- Gerard Butler Set to Return as Mike Banning in 'Angel Has Fallen'
- Bruno Mars Describes Adele as Diva: 'She's Got All This Attitude'
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert
- 'Knight Rider' Gets Reboot From Producer Justin Lin
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes