Mastodon Rumored to Score Music for 'Jonah Hex'
Metal band Mastodon are hitting studio and working on the soundtrack for upcoming movie "Jonah Hex", according to Ain't It Cool News. On how the song will sound, the online publication was told by a source that it is "needless to say, pretty heavy!"
Mastodon indeed are known for their heavy rock tracks. They have scored music for 2007 flick "Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters". They have also contributed their songs to such popular video games as "Saints Row" and "Guitar Hero" franchises.
The band's drummer Brann Dailor also revealed their latest studio album "Crack the Skye" will be adapted into a film. "[We] wrote out a screenplay that reads from song to song. We didn't storyboard it, but we wrote a screenplay," so Brann said, adding that the band have met with a filmmaker to discuss about the big screen project.
"That'd be killer if it actually happens," Brann continued. "That's something that's cool about making concept records, that opportunity for more to be done, artistically. If you just had an album with a bunch of songs that didn't have anything to do with each other and there was no common thread, that aspect of the art wouldn't be there. But with ('Crack the Skye'), we have that possibility."
"Jonah Hex" itself is based on the comic-book series of same name about part-time bounty hunter whose adventures always ended in blood. The film is starred by Josh Brolin, John Malkovich, Megan Fox, Will Arnett and Michael Shannon. It is set to arrive in U.S. theaters on June 18, 2010.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed