Official, Lloyd Leaving Irv Gotti's The Inc.
Three months after revealing his desire to part ways with Irv Gotti's The Inc., Lloyd officially walks out of the label. "I have no regrets, and even if I did, it's about learning to live with them. I look at it as a learning experience ... but I won't really dwell on the past. I will always look forward to the future," he said in a press release regarding his exit from the company.
Following the departure announcement, Lloyd uploaded two videos showing an in-depth interview which details his relationship with Irv and the reason of his exit. In the occasion, the R&B singer stated that what makes him having no interest to stay in The Inc. is because Irv "didn't live up to his commitment." He also expressed his frustration over Irv's "failure to build on the success of his previous releases."
Commenting on the tell-all interview, his manager Henry Lee opined, "This is the first time that Lloyd has spoken this openly about the challenges he faced at The Inc. He smiled a lot publicly when there really wasn't a lot to smile about behind the scenes. He felt now was the time to finally set the record straight and put this behind him."
Lloyd has attempted to part ways with The Inc. since 2006 when he independently released a single called "You". However, "legal maneuvering landed him right back" on the recording company. Now that he has been freed from the label, Lloyd is prepping to release "Gangsta Grillz: The Album, Pt. 3" with DJ Drama.
Moreover, Lloyd has begun working on his fourth studio album. "I'm working with Lil Wayne again, Jim Jonsin, Young Jeezy, Keri Hilson, Cool & Dre, and Rick Ross," so he said of the still-in-the-work project. His new single called "Pusha" which features Juelz Santana is expected to come out sometime soon.
Lloyd's interview part 1:
Lloyd's interview part 2:
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked