'Big Momma's House 3' Picks Up Writer
Another "Big Momma's House" movie is indeed in the work. Variety has recently come up with a story that 20th Century Fox has brought on board one of "Tooth Fairy" screenwriters, Randi Mayem Singer, to provide the script for the second sequel installment of the "Big Momma" series, "Big Momma's House 3".
It is still unclear what storyline this third movie will go with since the studio has kept the logline under tight wraps. David Friendly, the producer of the first two "Big Momma" films, will return to his producing duties. No word on who will direct the project and on whether or not leading actor Martin Lawrence will reprise his Malcolm Turner character.
In late 2008, Friendly has opened up about the development of this project during the "Soul Men" press day in Beverly Hills. To IESB, he revealed that it was in its script writing stage. The producer of "Meet Dave" and "Little Miss Sunshine" also suggested that the movie is expected to be ready by 2009.
The "Big Momma's House" series centers its story on an undercover FBI agent donning a fat suit to impersonate a Southern granny. The first movie, which was directed by Raja Gosnell, opened wide in 2000 and earned $174 million worldwide. The second one, "Big Momma's House 2", saw director John Whitesell behind the lens and got out in theaters in 2006 to a $138 million bow.
- Katy Perry Calls on Taylor Swift to End Longtime Feud: 'It's Time for Her to Finish It'
- 'In Hysterics,' Ariana Grande Suspends World Tour After Terrorist Bombing at Manchester Gig
- Blake Lively Nearly Spills Out of Her Stunning Neon Gown at the Ballet
- Ariana Grande Is 'Broken' After Deadly Explosion at Manchester Concert
- Major Lazer Previews Travis Scott, Quavo and Camila Cabello Collaboration During Alabama Show
- Kourtney Kardashian Never Gets Serious With Younes Bendjima as He's Just Her Fling
- 'The Bachelorette' Season 13 Premiere: The Crazy One, the Creepy One and the First Kiss
- Is Brandy Pregnant With New BF Sir the Baptist's Child?