'Big Momma's House 3' Picks Up Writer
Another "Big Momma's House" movie is indeed in the work. Variety has recently come up with a story that 20th Century Fox has brought on board one of "Tooth Fairy" screenwriters, Randi Mayem Singer, to provide the script for the second sequel installment of the "Big Momma" series, "Big Momma's House 3".
It is still unclear what storyline this third movie will go with since the studio has kept the logline under tight wraps. David Friendly, the producer of the first two "Big Momma" films, will return to his producing duties. No word on who will direct the project and on whether or not leading actor Martin Lawrence will reprise his Malcolm Turner character.
In late 2008, Friendly has opened up about the development of this project during the "Soul Men" press day in Beverly Hills. To IESB, he revealed that it was in its script writing stage. The producer of "Meet Dave" and "Little Miss Sunshine" also suggested that the movie is expected to be ready by 2009.
The "Big Momma's House" series centers its story on an undercover FBI agent donning a fat suit to impersonate a Southern granny. The first movie, which was directed by Raja Gosnell, opened wide in 2000 and earned $174 million worldwide. The second one, "Big Momma's House 2", saw director John Whitesell behind the lens and got out in theaters in 2006 to a $138 million bow.
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic