Chris Brown's First Tell-All Interview About Assaulting Rihanna
On August 26, Chris Brown had a tell-all interview with People about him beating Rihanna during a nasty argument back on February 8. Among the topics that he discussed with the weekly magazine was his feeling toward the Barbadian songstress, who has become estranged from him ever since the incident happened.
"I never fell out of love with her. That just wouldn't go away," the 20-year-old R 'n' B singer confessed. Asked on how he was feeling after the battery, Chris said, "I was distraught ... I went to my mom on the same night and told [her] what happened and broke down."
That guilt, as claimed by Chris, is the one quality that makes him different from his stepfather, whom he says often abused his mother, Joyce Hawkins. "I feel like he enjoyed it. He was an abuser. It was continuous," he stated.
During the interview, Chris was accompanied by his mother who also shared her feeling about the assault her son has done. The mother was quoted as telling People that hearing her son's confession on the night of the assault was "the most painful moment" of her life.
Chris Brown and his mother's full interview is featured on this week issue of People, which will hit the newsstands on Friday, September 4.
More Chris Brown News
- Courteney Cox Regrets Having Plastic Surgery
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!
- 'Nashville' Season 5 Gets Premiere Date at CMT
- Doug Liman Abandons 'Gambit' Movie, Will Now Direct 'Justice League Dark'
- Kylie Jenner Bounces Back After Suffering From Food Poisoning
- AFI Cancels 'Birth of a Nation' Screening Amid Nate Parker Rape Trial Controversy
- Britney Spears Reveals She 'Almost Drowned' in Hawaii