Chris Brown's First Tell-All Interview About Assaulting Rihanna
On August 26, Chris Brown had a tell-all interview with People about him beating Rihanna during a nasty argument back on February 8. Among the topics that he discussed with the weekly magazine was his feeling toward the Barbadian songstress, who has become estranged from him ever since the incident happened.
"I never fell out of love with her. That just wouldn't go away," the 20-year-old R 'n' B singer confessed. Asked on how he was feeling after the battery, Chris said, "I was distraught ... I went to my mom on the same night and told [her] what happened and broke down."
That guilt, as claimed by Chris, is the one quality that makes him different from his stepfather, whom he says often abused his mother, Joyce Hawkins. "I feel like he enjoyed it. He was an abuser. It was continuous," he stated.
During the interview, Chris was accompanied by his mother who also shared her feeling about the assault her son has done. The mother was quoted as telling People that hearing her son's confession on the night of the assault was "the most painful moment" of her life.
Chris Brown and his mother's full interview is featured on this week issue of People, which will hit the newsstands on Friday, September 4.
More Chris Brown News
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic