'Halloween 3D' Developed Sans Rob Zombie
Beaten up by New Line Cinema's "The Final Destination" on the race to the top of North American box office over the weekend didn't stop The Weinstein Company to plan for another "Halloween" movie. Los Angeles Times reported that the studio has begun talking about a 3-D sequel, "Halloween 3D", being in development.
On Sunday, August 30, the studio's co-Chairman Bob Weinstein revealed that the 3-D movie is slated for release in summer 2010. Noting that director Rob Zombie who handled "Halloween" and "H2: Halloween 2" won't return for this project, he added that the studio is in talks with new director, whom he claimed to have "experience in horror and has a 'different take' on the franchise".
This "Halloween 3D" will be the eleventh installment of the "Halloween" franchise. The tenth movie was "H2: Halloween 2" which was debuted in theaters across the U.S. last Friday, August 28. The latest horror thriller film revolving around serial killer named Michael Myers opened third at the box office with approximately $17.4 million in its pocket.
"H2" tells the story when Michael Myers returns home to sleepy Haddonfield, Illinois to take care of some unfinished family business. Unleashing a new trail of terror, the serial slasher will stop at nothing to bring closure to the secrets of his twisted past and will continue his murdering 'Halloween' rampage until he gets his baby sister, Laurie Strode, all to himself. But the town has got an unlikely new hero, if they can only stay alive long enough to stop the unstoppable.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival