First Clip From 'The Vampire's Assistant' Offers Fight Scene
MTV has got its hands on the first clip of "The Vampire's Assistant" and has shared it for viewing pleasure. The snippet brings to attention the fight scene between Chris Massoglia's Darren and Josh Hutcherson's Steve. While earlier trailer presents the two as best friends, this clip exposes that they have become estranged from one another after Darren is turned into a vampire.
Darren yearns to have something more than a normal, ordinary and predictable life. When he and buddy Steve stumble upon a pamphlet of Cirque Du Freak, his life gets interesting. After paying a visit to the traveling freak show, he gets an offer he couldn't bear to resist, becoming a vampire. Little that he knows, by being a vampire he breaks a 200-year-old truce between two warring factions of vampires.
Adapted from the first three books of Darren Shan's "The Saga of Darren Shan" series, "The Vampire's Assistant" was filmed on a set constructed within New Orleans City Park. Originally known as "Cirque du Freak", the horror fantasy is directed by "In Good Company" helmer Paul Weitz. John C. Reilly, Salma Hayek, Ken Watanabe and Jane Krakowski are among the cast. It will open wide in theaters across the U.S. October 23.
"The Vampire's Assistant" Clip:
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism