America Ferrera Is a Giant Hotdog on 'Ugly Betty'
Entering its fourth season, "Ugly Betty" is still nowhere near pretty. America Ferrera was spotted filming an outdoor scene on Tuesday, August 25 with a giant hotdog as her costume. She was accompanied on the lower Manhattan set by Michael Urie who became the hotdog bun.
Daily Mail reported that the costume was uncomfortable enough to cause Ferrera pulling angry faces during the filming. Furthermore, due to the complication of the outfit, the actress asked her assistant to feed her banana during the break between scenes.
After nearly being canceled, "Ugly Betty" is to premiere on October 9. Paula Abdul has retracted from being a guest star reportedly due to some demands which are not met. She is replaced by Kristen Johnston who will tackle the role of an office temp named Helen. "[Helen is] Amanda in 10 years," Johnston said, comparing it to Becki Newton's character. "She's still trying to get into the right clubs, wearing tight dresses... tragic."
Being a show that embraces Latino cultures, "Ugly Betty" is nominated for several categories at the upcoming ALMA Awards. Cast America Ferrera, Ana Ortiz, Mark Indelicato and Tony Plana as well as producers Salma Hayek and Silvio Horta are among the honorees of Year in Television categories.
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic