America Ferrera Is a Giant Hotdog on 'Ugly Betty'
Entering its fourth season, "Ugly Betty" is still nowhere near pretty. America Ferrera was spotted filming an outdoor scene on Tuesday, August 25 with a giant hotdog as her costume. She was accompanied on the lower Manhattan set by Michael Urie who became the hotdog bun.
Daily Mail reported that the costume was uncomfortable enough to cause Ferrera pulling angry faces during the filming. Furthermore, due to the complication of the outfit, the actress asked her assistant to feed her banana during the break between scenes.
After nearly being canceled, "Ugly Betty" is to premiere on October 9. Paula Abdul has retracted from being a guest star reportedly due to some demands which are not met. She is replaced by Kristen Johnston who will tackle the role of an office temp named Helen. "[Helen is] Amanda in 10 years," Johnston said, comparing it to Becki Newton's character. "She's still trying to get into the right clubs, wearing tight dresses... tragic."
Being a show that embraces Latino cultures, "Ugly Betty" is nominated for several categories at the upcoming ALMA Awards. Cast America Ferrera, Ana Ortiz, Mark Indelicato and Tony Plana as well as producers Salma Hayek and Silvio Horta are among the honorees of Year in Television categories.
- NSFW Alert! Barbara Palvin Ditches Panties to Recreate Sharon Stone's 'Basic Instinct' Scene
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Finale Title Revealed - Here's How It May Hint at the Plot
- 'Justice League 2' Pushed Back to Make Room for Ben Affleck's 'Batman'
- Alexa PenaVega Gives Birth to First Child With Husband Carlos
- Roger Ailes - Megyn Kelly Harassment Movie Is in the Works
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy