America Ferrera Is a Giant Hotdog on 'Ugly Betty'
Entering its fourth season, "Ugly Betty" is still nowhere near pretty. America Ferrera was spotted filming an outdoor scene on Tuesday, August 25 with a giant hotdog as her costume. She was accompanied on the lower Manhattan set by Michael Urie who became the hotdog bun.
Daily Mail reported that the costume was uncomfortable enough to cause Ferrera pulling angry faces during the filming. Furthermore, due to the complication of the outfit, the actress asked her assistant to feed her banana during the break between scenes.
After nearly being canceled, "Ugly Betty" is to premiere on October 9. Paula Abdul has retracted from being a guest star reportedly due to some demands which are not met. She is replaced by Kristen Johnston who will tackle the role of an office temp named Helen. "[Helen is] Amanda in 10 years," Johnston said, comparing it to Becki Newton's character. "She's still trying to get into the right clubs, wearing tight dresses... tragic."
Being a show that embraces Latino cultures, "Ugly Betty" is nominated for several categories at the upcoming ALMA Awards. Cast America Ferrera, Ana Ortiz, Mark Indelicato and Tony Plana as well as producers Salma Hayek and Silvio Horta are among the honorees of Year in Television categories.
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake