America Ferrera Is a Giant Hotdog on 'Ugly Betty'
Entering its fourth season, "Ugly Betty" is still nowhere near pretty. America Ferrera was spotted filming an outdoor scene on Tuesday, August 25 with a giant hotdog as her costume. She was accompanied on the lower Manhattan set by Michael Urie who became the hotdog bun.
Daily Mail reported that the costume was uncomfortable enough to cause Ferrera pulling angry faces during the filming. Furthermore, due to the complication of the outfit, the actress asked her assistant to feed her banana during the break between scenes.
After nearly being canceled, "Ugly Betty" is to premiere on October 9. Paula Abdul has retracted from being a guest star reportedly due to some demands which are not met. She is replaced by Kristen Johnston who will tackle the role of an office temp named Helen. "[Helen is] Amanda in 10 years," Johnston said, comparing it to Becki Newton's character. "She's still trying to get into the right clubs, wearing tight dresses... tragic."
Being a show that embraces Latino cultures, "Ugly Betty" is nominated for several categories at the upcoming ALMA Awards. Cast America Ferrera, Ana Ortiz, Mark Indelicato and Tony Plana as well as producers Salma Hayek and Silvio Horta are among the honorees of Year in Television categories.
More Ugly Betty News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding