'Magneto' Could Start 'in the Next Year'
One of "X-Men" spin-offs is likely to be pushed forth soon enough. Filmmaker David S. Goyer, who is attached to direct "Magneto", recently talked with MTV, assuring that the movie is just "one in a long line of potential X-films". And while no progress has been reported on the project lately, the director who helped penning "The Dark Knight" believes it will eventually pick up speed.
"They're still thinking about doing it," Goyer said when referring to the 20th Century Fox which will develop the Magneto spin-off. "They're definitely looking into doing other X-Men spin-offs." Adding to his initial statement, he stated, "I've been in touch with them. I'm sure that project will move forward in the next year or so."
"Magneto" is a film developed from a villain character with the power of magnetism which can be found in "X-Men" trilogy. Written by David S. Goyer and Sheldon Turner, the plot is said to be set from 1939 to 1955. It will chronicle on how Magneto tries to survive in Auschwitz and hunts down the Nazi war criminals who tortured him. It will also provide the story behind his meeting with Xavier, who then turns into his enemy due to his lust for vengeance.
Back in 2006, Ian McKellen, who successfully portrayed Magneto in three "X-Men" films, said he would love to reprise his role in this solo film. At the time, he gushed, "I'll be playing the part." However, Goyer later said the character will be played by an actor in his twenties.
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake